Chapter Thirty

Mal and Jay made their way to the limo, which oddly enough was parked near Maleficent's castle. Mal wasn't going to lie, it was more than a little nerve wracking being this close to the Dragon without knowing exactly what her plan was. Because of course she'd have a plan or a scheme.

Jay put a hand on Mal's shoulder, causing the smaller purple haired girl to give him a small smile.

"Hey, it might be okay," Jay whispered and Mal rolled her eyes.

"Jay, I'm honestly giving us forty eight hours before Boreadon kicks us back to the Isle," she muttered. "And I swear, if they make me room with Blueberry..."

"You don't know that they will," Jay told her. "But if they do, you can always hang out in my room during the day."

"And maybe even at night," Mal muttered.

"Of course," Jay nodded. "I doubt DeVil would complain anyway, considering the protection he gets from us. It would be just like the clubhouse back when you were five, only minus Uma and Harry."

Mal nodded but she couldn't help but sigh as she looked once more around the Isle. She hated to sound mushy but she was really going to miss her home.

"I'm with you," Jay said softly as to not be overheard.

"Thanks Jay. And I'm with you," Mal told him, matching his tone as they fought through the crowd of lower classed villains gathered by the limo.

"Let's show Boreadon who's boss," Jay said with a smirk.

"Gladly," Mal said, a wicked grin growing on her face. The grin slipped when she happened to look up to see Maleficent looking back at her from the balcony. The Dragon didn't do anything, just looked at her as if sizing her up. Mal forced herself to look away and piled into the limo, keeping her distance from Evie.

Carlos gave a shy wave; while he was under the crew's protection and therefore couldn't be touched by the other gangs of VKs on the Isle, he wasn't officially part of the the crew. Of course Mal had a feeling he didn't mind; Gil was under that same umbrella and both boys were fairly close. They were both creative at least—Carlos with technology and Gil with crafts. It was the youngest Gaston boy who got Ursula's necklace put back together after all.

"Hey DeVil," Jay said with a nod.

"DeVil," Mal said softly, giving a small nod in his direction. She of course ignored Evie. As much as she hated the blue haired girl, the last thing she'd want was to cause a fight in such a contained environment.

She'd win of course but that was besides the point.

"Mal," Carlos said softly. "You hungry?"

Mal shrugged. "Depends. Did Boreadon provide food?"

"Yes?" Carlos said but it sounded like a question as he gestured to an array of brightly colored squares and items on small sticks. Mal and Jay looked at the items before looking at each other, as if questioning if they should take one.

"I had food at Lord Hades' restaurant before this," Mal said after a few minutes of silence while Jay reached for one of the items. "They can't honestly call that food?"

Carlos shrugged. "At least it's better than their garbage," he muttered.

"Good point," Mal muttered.

"It's...not that bad actually Mal," Jay said as he nibbled on one of the offered items. "Try something. It's sweet, that's all."

Mal rolled her eyes but took one of the offered items. Sweet things were rare on the Isle after all. Boreadon rarely threw out their candy. Hmm...it wasn't bad.