Chapter Thirty Seven

Mal raced back to her dorm room, determined to grab Maleficent's spell book and start working on that antidote. After that performance, she knew it was only a matter of time before her mom found out if she didn't already know.

Gods, I'll be grounded until they find a way to kill a God. So basically forever, Mal thought as she entered her room.

Why?

Mal nearly jumped out of her skin at hearing her brother's voice in her head. Even after sixteen years, she still wasn't used to the mind link. Granted she only really started using the mind link when she was about thirteen so really it shouldn't be surprising that she wasn't used to it after only three years.

Hadie? What in dad's name are you doing?

Apparently finding out something that can get you grounded. I didn't know that was even possible. So...why would mom and dad ground you until they found a way to kill a God?

...you're not going to let this drop are you?

Nope!

I hate you so much right now Hadie!

Love you too, sis. Now you gonna quit stalling and tell me or should I just tell mom that there's something she needs to talk to you about while she's in Boreadon?

Mal sighed and shook her head. Fine. But you need to swear to me that you won't tell mom or dad. Pirate's honor Hadie.

There was silence on her brother's end and Mal couldn't help but think that she'd gotten out of actually telling her brother what had happened.

Alas, her luck couldn't have been that good as Hadie came on the line soon after.

...mom wants to know why Prince Ben was singing to you?

How does mom know about that?!

She said it was on Auratube, whatever that is? All the Gods are talking about it—it's quickly gaining views. Does this have something to do with why you'd be grounded?

...yes Hadie, it does.

I don't blame you for not wanting mom or dad to know. They still treat me like I'm an infant sometimes with their safety rules. I get they're centuries old Gods but they do have to accept that we're growing up right?

Mal had never wanted to hug her brother more in her life. Of course the innocent mind of her ten year old little brother would go more toward the slightly overly protective nature of their parents rather than something more cynical.

Like the fact that Mal had spelled Ben.

Hadie, can I get back to you? Mal asked as she grabbed Maleficent's spell book.

Sure thing. I'll just be here watching dad yell at Pain. It's amusing seeing how orange he can get.

You are so weird little bro.

Takes one to know one big sis.

Mal snorted in amusement as she closed her link to her brother and quickly whipped through the pages of the spell book as she searched for the antidote for the love potion she'd given to Ben. Smiling slightly as she found it, Mal dog-eared the page and shut the book, ready to go make the antidote.

Before she could turn to leave, however, her eyes caught a glimpse of Blueberry lying on her bed; her face covered by her pillow. Mal was no idiot, she could see that despite Blueberry's best efforts to hide it that the other girl was crying.