Chapter 23- Getting Found Out

Since Liam said he wouldn't be back till later, Jasper decided to take advantage of the situation and made a few executive decisions, one of which was leaving Darren at the Alpha's house so he could go and visit Kenny. He explained that it'd probably be a good idea to ask Holly directly if she was at the Cafe', but Since Darren and Kenny weren't on the best of terms, they agreed that it'd be better for the rogue to sit this one out.

Darren wasn't quite alone in the house though. Mary was still there, doing her daily chores. The rogue considered offering to help, but was overcome with doubts as he realized he had no idea how the woman perceived him. She had been nice enough so far, but for all he knew, she probably wanted him out of the pack as much as everyone else did. 

Since he promised Jasper that he'd stay inside, he knew he couldn't completely avoid her, so he wound up watching TV in the living room for the afternoon.

"Well?" Darren sat up as soon as Jasper returned.

The young Alpha shook his head. "She had no idea what I was talking about."

Darren sighed. Maybe there was another ghost that just happened to look like the girl? No, that couldn't be it. But what if it was some sort of special spirit that could mimic a living person? He'd have to do some research to see if that was possible. 

Speaking of supernatural research....

Standing, he pulled out a business card and handed it to Jasper. The Alpha glanced down at it curiously. "Who's Richard Grill?"

"Think of him like an exorcist." Darren replied. "He's human, but he knows how to get rid of evil spirits." Richard was his go-to for whenever the rogue found himself haunted by unsavory spirits.

The Alpha didn't seem very sure about trusting a human to help with pack issues, but he also didn't argue and put the card in his wallet.

Darren let out a breath, relieved that his recommendation hadn't been cast aside like usual. 

After that, the rest of the day was fantastically boring. At dinner, it was decided that Jasper and Darren would go to the grocery store in search of any ghosts that may have seen what happened to Shane. As for Liam,  he admitted that he didn't have any results from his lead yet. Darren wondered just what kind of lead he had, but the conversation topic shifted and he missed his chance to ask. 

That night, Darren caught Jasper eyeing him from across the room as the two got ready for bed.

"What?" He snapped, not liking the amount of attention the man was giving him. He had been jumped twice already and was not up for letting it happen a third time.

Jasper frowned. "Nothing. I'll go sleep downstairs."

With that, the young Alpha grabbed a blanket and left. 

Darren stared at the bed for a long moment, considering whether or not it'd be safe to sleep on. He knew there was a high probability of having a wet dream if he got too comfortable, so he opted to do something to prevent this. 

After removing his night clothes, the rogue began shifting into his wolf form. He decided this would be the safest thing to do since it would be hard to 'drive stick' without hands.

Once he was fully shifted, he circled around his little pile on the floor and laid down. Just as he was about to drift off to sleep, a presence began pulling at his mind.

He immediately knew what it was, and felt like the connection was somehow stronger than before despite the Collar blocking the worst of it. This unsettled the rogue as he curled up even tighter and attempted to push the man out of his head. Unfortunately this didn't seem to work and Jasper doubled down on his efforts.