06.

Andrew.

"Okay this is going to sound rather random and ridiculous but I want to you keep an open mind, can you do that?" Linden asked as we sat outside, it was early morning and he had called making me rush over to his house so that he could explain, how in the world he got pregnant and why a wolf was stalking me at night.

I had known Train and Linden along with his brother were keeping secrets but I had a mind enough to know that I shouldn't go probing into those secrets, they would tell me when they were ready, I knew it was for the best and that had gotten me peace of mind so far, but now I was anxious about what exactly I was about to be told on the day my boyfriend and I were leaving for a road trip.

"I can keep an open mind Linden, just tell me." I asserted and he sighed. "Do you believe in wolves, or rather werewolves, mystic beings half man half wolf." He questioned and I didn't know how to reply, all I knew about wolves was that they were animals and they varied in size because there was a larger than a bear wolf which stalked me but never hurt me.

"I have to say that I don't  believe in it because it's myth right, or maybe not, it's stuff made up in movies, something like that." I replied and he chuckled. "Well they are as real as you and I, only more civilized and more compassionate than us most of them." He added and I quirked a brow.

"Did someone slip you happy pills?" I teased and he glared at me. "What, I'm just asking because I don't know where this is all coming from." I explained and his glare softened. "Munchie would you please come here." He called out and a very large black wolf appeared from the woods near the house.

"Did that very large wolf respond to you?" I questioned and he chuckled. "He's more human than you think." Linden added and I was stuck on my seat paralyzed in fear. "Don't be afraid, he won't hurt you come." I helped Linden waddle to the wolf which seemed more like a teddy bear when I got close.

I kept my guard up but soon relaxed when I somehow felt warmth course through me when I looked in its eyes, I felt protected, strong, most of all safe, with nothing to ever worry about. I smiled when the feeling flooded in me and I never wanted anything more. "Still afraid?" Linden teased and I shook head to dismiss him.

"No I don't, is he—." Before I could finish the large beast stepped back and bit by bit fur became skin, I averted my eyes as beast became man with basketball shorts. "Wait a minute Emric!" I exclaimed in surprise, this was all too much and I started to panic. "It's okay, it's okay, breathe, breathe." Linden soothed and bit by bit I was calm.

"You're a man beast thing." I asserted and he chuckled. "I believe the politically correct term is werewolf." He mused and I was baffled, they had been wolves living in the woods, was my boyfriend one, was Linden one, I needed answers.

"Linden explain please before I freak out." I ordered and he sat down. "Werewolves are real, I was pretty much in your state when I found out too, they live here, it's their territory." He began explaining everything in detail, the packs, what happened when he met Emric, to his pregnancy which I was really ecstatic about, and about mates.

"So that bite mark near your neck is a mate mark?" I asked trailing my hand over the similar bite mark that was near my neck as well, fascination driving away fear. "Yes, you and Train are mates, two halves of one soul, you'll be together in this life and the next, he will never betray you, never love another and always be there for you." Each word he said had described how Train had been ever since I met him.

He protected me, he was always there to hold me when I didn't have the strength, he encouraged me to do things that no one did, he made me pursue my dream and never cared what anyone else told me, he was a dream come true.

"But why tell me this now Linden, why didn't Train do it himself." I asked and Emric sighed. "Fear, he's afraid you won't love him if you found out about us, afraid that you'll run from him in fear." Emric responded and I wanted to cry, I would never leave Train, I loved him more than words themselves, finding out he was something more than just a boyfriend made me the more happier to have him and love him.

"I'm assuming by your reaction, you would never." I nodded my head toward Linden. "I wouldn't, it's something I need to get used to but I would never leave him, I love him." I added knowing deep down each word I spoke I meant it. "Good, though I'm going to have to ask you to keep this to yourself until he's ready to tell you, can you do that?" Emric questioned and I understood why he had asked me to keep this secret.

Train had to be the one to tell me, Linden and Emric were just there to help me and guide me toward the light so that when Train finally told me I wouldn't have a heart attack but rather accept him as both his wolf and the human, I desired both of him, I knew it was going to be hard keeping this secret but I had to, it was for the best.

"It's okay I won't tell him I know, thank you for telling me this Linden, Emric, thank you so much." I knew I could trust the two people in front of me with my life, they were special to me and they cared so much about Train and I that I felt inadequate for their love.

"We did it because Train does so much for us, and Andie I know how your family is like, I wanted to show you that you could always depend on your mate, always depend on us to be there for you and never leave you to suffer alone, alright." As Linden spoke I moved to hug him.

Besides Train, he and his fiancee were there for me, and I was grateful for their love and support, indeed I had people I could always rely on, knowing the woods were full of wolves that weren't out to kill me made me feel secure, it made living in St Maine a little more interesting for me and it saddened me that soon enough I would be leaving for college.

I would be back but it would still hurt leaving but that was something for another day. "Now that you know don't be a stranger, and when the time is right don't be hard on Train." Emric asserted and I chuckled moving back a little. "I won't, thank you, seems I need to hurry, I'm meeting my mate in about thirty minutes, see you later." I stated as I ran back to the front of the house.

The smile on my lips didn't fade, I was happy to know what I knew and that I had more than one person in my corner, I had a whole pack to turn to when everything was bad, as I ran home I felt peace deep down.

I quickly got inside, since I had already packed my bag, I showered quicker than ever and was done by the time by father came down for his coffee which I placed on the counter, he and I were on speaking terms but they had reservations. "I'm off." I announced hoisting my bag up to my shoulder and making my way out.

"Hey starfish, ready for the road?" Train asked standing by his car and I nodded happily, though I felt guilty about not telling him I knew, he had to tell me himself not anyone else. I smiled as we got on the road but didn't miss the glare from my sister. I wondered if she still wanted my mate, that felt really good to say, I would retaliate this time if she tried anything on my wolf.

+++

LMJ