Epilogue.

Ben Platt ~ Grow as we go.

A Human's Desires.

Train.

Today was the day, the day we started a life away from my family, from all that I loved, I wondered if that's what I wanted, could I survive being away for so long. I was on a tailspin literally and I didn't know if my mind would ever calm down.

The bags had already been packed and ready to go, letters had been posted, we had already moved a few of our things to the apartment in Algiers, all that was left was to go there and start our college life as a married couple. I sighed picking up my phone and texting my brother, I wanted to talk to him before I decided to leave.

He was at the packhouse so I walked down to his office and walked right in, the gibberish of the twins had me smiling, he was on babysitting duty today. "Are you all packed?" Em asked with a smile but I didn't reciprocate it. "You're having cold feet huh." He exclaimed and I wasn't surprised that he knew I had cold feet about going.

He always knew me, read me like an open book and when we were younger it bugged the hell out of me. "I am, should I really be leaving you when you're like this." I gestured to him rocking London the little baby alpha whilst signing documents. "It seems like I'm leaving you with a burden that I could've lightened if I was here." I argued taking Luciano from his crib and rocking him.

"Train we already had this conversation before, mom, dad, Linden their dad, Emma, Terric, Raziq and junior are all here to help, you've wanted to do this with your mate for a while now, you guys need to experience stuff away from the safety of home, to explore on your own." Emric contended and I knew he was right but it didn't make me feel better.

"I know it's just it's hard okay, all I've know this whole year is that this is home, and I'm scared to leave." I confessed changing the way I was holding Luca. "That's the point of every new endeavor Train, it tests your courage, and bravery, mentally and physically, you knew leaving wasn't going to be easy and staying would just make you stagnant, this is a chance to discover yourself even further with your husband by your side, it's going to be okay." He comforted and I took in every word he said.

"And Train, you're only a four hour flight away from here, it's not that far, it will be like you never left, Linden and I will visit, and you'll come here for holidays and any other moment that strikes you to just come home, like dad always says home is where the people who fill your heart with love are, so when you go there with Andrew you already have a piece of home beside you." Emric smiled gently as I placed sleeping Luca back on the crib and hugged him.

"There there brother, you're going to be fine." I was going to be fine, I knew that but I was sure as hell that I was going to miss my parents, brother, my nephews and my best friend, I was really going to miss him. "I'm gonna miss you." I mumbled and he chuckled. "I'm obviously going to miss you too, who will defend me when my mate is out for my balls." He chortled and we both laughed.

"I'm sure if you convince him about their particular use he won't chop them off." I asserted and he chuckled lowly not wanting to wake up London, the baby alpha had pipes and always out for mischief, I could see a lot of me and Em in the twins, they had each other's backs but we also got into a whole lot of trouble.

"I'm gonna finish packing, Andie should be back with my mom by now." I announced and the alpha nodded as I left him to take care of his kids in silence whilst signing off documents, he had become a fine alpha, maybe he was right, I needed to take my own path, discover what I like, explore a world beyond safety blanket of home, with my husband by my side.

When I come back I could easily help Emric, I would be more efficient and I would've found my own way into the world, like my brother had, he didn't become alpha because he was born with the claim, he earned the right to be alpha by making his own path in the world and getting recognized in his own way.

I wanted to do what he had encouraged me to do, and make him proud. "Hey starfish, how was shopping with mom?" I asked entering our bedroom where my mate was changing and packing. "You ready to go?" He questioned with a smile and I nodded. I no longer had cold feet about going, I was ready to face the world and become an admirable man for my mate and for my family and someday my own kids.

I didn't want to disappoint them and myself so I was going to dive in headfirst into this new endeavor, my head was not going to get a concussion, I was diving into the deep end. "I had cold feet but I talked to mom, and she made me realize that going to college after all that's happened this year was the best thing for us, we needed to do this, she also made me promise that I would excel with my art and make her even more so proud." My starfish explained and I hugged him.

"We can do this baby, we've faced worse and she was right, we're going to Algiers and we're going to excel, for us mostly and for our family, that's why I no longer have cold feet, I found my footing again and we shouldn't worry, we have each other, as Emric said, we're only a four hour flight away from home, we can always come back." I reassured my mate and kissed him.

"You ready guys?" Dad asks as we were now packed and ready to go by the door. "Yeah we are." I replied and he winked at me with his signature smile, goddess I was going to miss that smile. We made it downstairs as the pack members bid us farewell and wished us luck, they were truly family and I wouldn't have it otherwise.

"Come on the flight is in an hour." Mom announced and we got into their Jeep, Emric and the kids were in his car, which he was driving and the babies at the back with their dad, I was going to miss babysitting my nephews. "You're going to miss those two huh." Andie remarked as he laid his head on my bicep.

"Im going to miss them like crazy." I confessed as my hard brushed up on his back. "We have break, we can always come back and see them, plus video chats, I'm sure we won't miss a thing." He suggested and I agreed with him, we could always watch them grow as we go.

We arrived at the airport thirty minutes later, Linden was a crying mess as he held onto me. "I can't believe this is happening, I'm going to miss you guys." He sniffled as I held him in an embrace. "Come on you big baby we won't be that far." Andie teased but that only made it worse. "But you'll still be far." He whined again until Emric intervened.

"Babe you have to let him go, you know got to, but he'll be back and you'll milk his time for all it's worth, right." Linden nodded wiping away his tears. "I'm gonna miss you peanut and you too starfish." He mumbled and we both hugged him. "Love you mama munchie." I replied as he drew back to stand by his mate.

"Just know I'm so proud of you, I will never be anything other than proud of you." Mom hugged us after handing London to Emric, I chuckled as she cried not wanting to let go of both of us. "Mom you have to let us go, we love you mom, we always will." I reassured and she chuckled whilst letting go.

"Be careful, call once in a while and always remember home is where we are and we'll never leave you." Dad stated proudly like a father and Andie hugged him as he ruffled my hair. "Go." It was Emric who spoke. "Love you, brother." I spoke through the link. "Love you too Train." He replied as we made our way to the boarding gate.

I didn't want to look back because if I did I would turn back and never want to leave, my mate and I had to do this, but we would always be back. "And Linden, don't worry, I will be back before you know it."

+++

This the end of A Wolf's Desires, I hate it when I cry but this is the end, this book was really emotional for me when I wrote it, I wanted you guys to experience Train and Andrew's lives differently, to see how they survived the odds even when it wasn't in their favor and how sometimes we make new family, it's not always blood that cements us.

Thank you so much for reading.

Follow - Vote - Comment - Share

LMJ