16.

Lanks ~ Stronger Than.

Andrew.

"Welcome home, I hope it feels like home." Linden announced as he opened the door to a suite at the mansion where the pack lived, most of the those who lived here according to Linden were the recently mated couples, single warriors, and pack members who preferred living in the mansion than in a house, usually, the option was there but the Luna encouraged living together as a way to strengthen pack spirit.

But if you just didn't like living at the pack house all you needed to do was to request for the house and it got sorted. "I love this place." I had only entered the suite but it was so homey, warm, and perfectly decorated, my art pieces were on the walls along with vases and additional by Linden.

"I knew that would make it better." Linden mumbled next to me and I nodded in acknowledgement, the place was amazing. "I love this thank you Linden and Emric, is that okay if I call you that, Train calls you Em or alpha half the time." I fumbled over my words and he chuckled.

"Em, is fine, but when the situation calls for it you will know to address me as alpha, don't worry you'll get the hang of it." He explained warmly and I nodded feeling peaceful in the place I was. I had never felt like that before, it had indeed baffled me to feel that way, I may have called my previous home my own but I never felt peace.

It was different than where I was, I truly felt like I belonged, with a charming father in law and a mother in law who oozed maternal love, an older brother who made me feel protected and secure, and lastly a friend and brother who I could count on, for almost anything.

I was blessed in a beautiful way and I knew it, I would always be grateful for how my life was turning out, I had no regrets or doubts about the path I was going on. "Andrew dear can I talk to you?" Mrs. Everlin asked as she gestured for me to follow her to what I assumed was a bedroom.

"This is your main bedroom, make yourself at home." I nodded and placed the bag in my hand on the bed, along with flopping myself on the extremely soft bed. I was in heaven on that mattress. "Yeah I know." Mrs. Everlin chortled and I blushed. "It was Linden who bought these beds when he and Emric moved in, I didn't know how much comfort memory foam had until Linden got it for us." She explained and we both chuckled.

"So you wanted to talk about something?" I asked after we had gathered ourselves. "Don't worry it's nothing bad, I just wanted to talk about school, I know your parents weren't in support of you pursuing Art as a major, but honey that's your dream and your passion, I'm hundred percent in support of it, Lex and I love your artwork and we want you to continue with it and thrive." Her words stunned me into silence.

My parents had never taken an interest in my art, they had never taken an interest in anything I wanted, having Mrs. Everlin someone who was like a parent to me acknowledge me for my art was heartwarming, I felt loved and appreciated, so I moved from where I sat and hugged her.

"Thank you." I mumbled and she held me tightly. "I'm here for these hugs sweetheart you can always count on me to be there, any of us, we will be there for you." She reassured wiping away my tears. "Now you've been offered a scholarship to cover half the basics but not everything, that's why you've been working at the boutique right?" I nodded.

The scholarship covered half the cost but what it covered wasn't the essentials needed, and I was trying to have enough money to cover the other half. "This isn't pity, remember that, but Lex and I support our kids to the best of our abilities and you're part of the family, and also our child in a way, so we're going to pay for everything, scraping away that scholarship and letting you enjoy learning art, living with your mate." She stated with a smile and I gasped.

"What?" I croaked. "You heard me kiddo." She teased and I embraced her again. "It's so much money, I can't pay it back." I argued but she chuckled. "I didn't say we want to be paid back, we're doing this as parents not because we want something in return." She mused and I held back a sob, this was kindness I never knew.

"And by the way, a quarter of St Maine businesses are under the Everlin name, money is not an issue, so when you go to college, I want you to live your best college life." She exclaimed with a smile and I reciprocated that loving smile, I knew she wouldn't take back her offer and her smile or eyes did not hold pity, she was indeed doing this out of love.

"Thank you so much." I exclaimed as yet again I hugged her. "You're welcome darling, get settled in, join me and Linden in the kitchen, I'm sure you don't want to miss his cooking." I shook my head and she shooed me away. I walked into the closet as the door closed behind me.

I picked out my clothes and lay them by a small table in the closet, and made it through another door to the bathroom making me realize it was adjoined. I already loved my new home. I stripped to shower and clean away the slight scent of lemon and detergent on me, I had spent the week on a hospital bed since the day Train and I talked.

"You look beautiful." I knew who the voice belonged to and I made space for him in the shower. "I always look beautiful to you." I retorted and he nodded. "Which is true, you're breathtaking, mesmerizing, and most of all intoxicating." Each word was accentuated with a kiss on my shoulder.

"Sea monster we'll play later, right now we need to get to the kitchen because Linden is there working his magic." I tried convincing him and at first, it hadn't worked but the mention of Linden and food had him cleaning me instead of groping me and abusing my senses. "Yeah I know the love of food is real." I mused as we got through the shower in more or less record time.

I picked out his clothes, which felt like the right thing to do, and handed them to him. "So I'm going to be with you, twenty four of seven." He chortled pulling me into his embrace. "Yes my devilish sea monster." I purred and he seemed happy and content to hold me as I was to be held. "I'm in love with you starfish." He asserted nuzzling my hair, a habit which I found strangely odd but liked.

"And I'm in love with you sea monster." I mumbled as my hands tugged on his hair and his chest had a low rumble, I found that he liked it when I played with his hair or just merely scratched his head. "I think I smell hidden egg muffins." He mumbled and I knew Linden had put them out fresh from the oven.

Train tossed me over his shoulder and ran to the kitchen. "I knew you two would be here first." Linden chortled and both my mate and I tried to hide our embarrassment. "Mama munchie your Papi is hungry." Emric came beside us and as expected his muffins and his juice were handed to him. "Love you, Papi." Linden pressed a kiss to his giant mate who walked away.

"Four hour cycles?" Mrs. Everlin questioned. "Of course." Linden replied and the two burst out laughing. "Peanut here you go, put starfish down." Linden ordered and I was put down whilst my mate took his food and walked to his brother. "Wait, peanut?" I asked and Linden nodded.

"How is a freaking huge wolf called peanut." I exclaimed and Linden laughed. "Same way one is called munchie, now eat your food child." He replied and I chuckled taking my food, I truly felt at peace in a new home with people who would do anything for me.

+++

Follow - Vote - Comment

LMJ