09.

Train.

                  "Did you get all that?" I asked my brother through the link, I had opened it so that he could hear what I was hearing, though it took a lot of concentration it worked.

                  "Every word, I'm already at his house, he's not here though, he's near town village I'm tracking his phone." Emric replied and he sent me his location. It wasn't surprising that he was near me because I walked all the way across the city to where my car was parked in village.

                       "I've got him, we're both at town village, I'm bringing him to the packhouse." I asserted and closed the link with Emric, following his location I found Davey in one of the shops, it seemed I wasn't the only one in need of new boxers.

"We need to talk." I growled when I got near him. "What now Train." He groaned and I scoffed. "Come along Davey, you have a questioning to get to." I harshly grabbed his arm and yanked him forward, he tried to fight but it was useless. "We can do this the hard way." I punched him in the gut. "Or the even painful harder way, which is knocking you out." I stated and he scowled whilst bent over.

"Now come on." He didn't fight anymore as I dragged him to my car. "Why are you doing this anyway?" He questioned seeming afraid. "Because Davey, an alpha, a rogue alpha wants you back, he's threatening to kill people if he doesn't get his precious bitch back." I retorted with a glare and he gulped down.

"No you're lying, he couldn't have found me, this is some sick joke right." He responded in almost a whine. "Nope, coffee brown eyes, mop of black hair,  strong jawline with a scar." I described the alpha and Davey put a hand on my car to steady himself. "It's him, he's here, what's he going to do, fuck I'm not going with him!" He burst out and I slapped him.

"Listen here you idiotic bitch, I don't know what kind of issues you have or why you got involved with all these wolves, to begin with, but the obvious fact that stands right now, is that I'm not willing to risk my pack for your mistakes, I'm not doing that, he already told me about your deal, is that why you ran?" I grabbed him making him stand upright.

"I said is that why you ran?!" I growled and he shook his head. "Then why the fuck did you come back Davey, if it's not the reason why you ram from North City what is it?" I questioned my anger reaching its peak. "Because I couldn't kill him okay, I didn't want Turner dead even though I didn't love him and I wanted to be with Tai but he didn't want me back if I still had a connection with Turner." He explained and everything began to make sense.

I lunged for Davey and punched him again, I kept punching until his face was swollen. "Baby calm down, he's already half unconscious, I don't know what's going on but you need to calm down." Andie stopped me as the scent of the salty ocean hit my nostrils with soothing lavender richness, my wolf rumbled to the scent and we both calmed.

Though bloody I took Andie in my arms and kissed him. I groaned when he kissed back, forgetting we were in public, or I was beating up a man, he moaned and I grunted in our kiss as he easily submitted and I ravaged him, letting my anger go.

We finally pulled back and he was flushed, I smirked looking at my handiwork with his swollen lips. "I don't even want to know why you're beating him but I know it for a good reason, get him out of here, there's a scene now." He mumbled as a police car showed up but it was pack members inside.

                        "Put him in my car, clear out the scene." I ordered through the link as I unlocked the car. Andie just shook his head and turned to peck me on the lips. "Tell me everything when you have this all sorted out, right now it's more important." I was glad he didn't probe me for answers, I didn't know what I would say.

Davey came back to St Maine so that his alpha mate could reject him, when that rejection happened he knew Tai his former lover, a rogue, would come hunt for him as well to claim him back because he was no longer Turner's mate, it was a pretty good plan but he endangered my pack, and the city itself and that wasn't what we wanted.

"Okay I love you, and stay safe." We kissed again and he walked back to the boutique he worked at which was a few shops down the block. "We've cleared out everything sir, have a good day." I nodded to the wolves as they went back to the police car they came in and sped off.

I took off my shirt and wiped the blood away, though I regretted it immediately, one my mate wouldn't like me being half naked in the middle of the street for everyone to eyefuck me, and two the eyes that weighed on my body were too much, so I got into my car and drove off.

I needed to get the mastermind in the back of my car treated, after that he would be questioned and we would see what the alpha decides to do with him and his rogue boyfriend who threatened the pack, I wondered how Davey lived his life, constantly without peace, I always thought the reason why he left St Maine was because he couldn't handle being here.

Linden had said he was more his father's child than anyone else, and well Linden only knew him briefly but he grew up with an absentee mother besides that, I could understand his reason for leaving, we all process grief and loss differently but was his reason and processing right.

All that he did that's coming back to bite him in the ass, I wondered where it stemmed from, at one glance it was obvious he lacked affection and love, had he gone through all the shit he had,  just to find someone who would understand him and love him or was it just a part of him that wanted the thrill of it all,  he was blessed with a mate no other being could be better.

But as he claims, he couldn't love him, maybe he loved the rogue wolf Tai, for all his flaws and lack of anything remarkable in particular, maybe he loved him solely based on something they found to be mutual between them, even if he were to be cruel, Davey would still love him, devoted and loyal, it made sense in my head but could it be the whole truth.

Tai had to confirm it, even though he was a rogue alpha, had he fallen in love with a human, who found his mate but never let go, and had that human felt the pull to his mate but still held love for the rogue, maybe Davey wasn't as crazy as I thought, he had planned all of it and I was sure his end goal was being with Tai, even though the alpha rogue had nothing, he wanted him.

It was an endearing notion, I felt bad for all three men, Turner, Tai, and well a bit for Davey, the goddess had not only played poker with their lives she had moved to go fish right after, they were all a mess, but I knew I now had a solution that could fix it all.

I parked my car at the packhouse, took Davey in my arms, and walked to the infirmary. "Again?" The doctor inquired and I chuckled. "Yeah, he's not lucky." I replied making him chuckle and he gestured for me to lay Davey on the bed.

"I'll check up on him later, I need to report to the alpha." I explained and the doctor nodded in understanding. "He'll be out for a while anyway." He mumbled and I turned to leave, I had to tell Emric everything and my plan.

+++

LMJ