Chapter 7

Garbage cans were knocked over causing people to look over, some even ran over to help. Keina, the person who had been pushed into trash cans glared up at Sylvia. The panting 20-year-old woman looked away at Marina who was holding Wander while her finacé held her back. Paris was also there and holding his own date back in case Keina went after him or her too. The security had also arrived and Sylvia started to walk over to Marina to get Wander. The next sound, the sound of a gunshot, stayed around longer. Everyone started to panic and run. Sylvia grabbed Wander from Marina and she ran through the space of many of the games and tents that were set up.

"Sylvia?" Wander asked, it sounded like he was crying.

"I-It's okay baby, everything is going to be okay. She's not going to hurt me or you, got it?" Sylvia asked the baby so she knew he understood what he was saying.

"Okay." Wander nodded.

Wander had gotten better at saying 'okay' with Sylvia helping him say it. Sylvia smiled and kept running. She made her way to the entrance and she joined the hundreds of people who were running out. Sylvia saw the police and saw people talking.

"That Keina bitch hit Marina, then that other girl with a baby shoved her in the trash cans!" A man with white wavy hair explained to one cop.

Sylvia heard many other people taking her side, but all she wanted to do was to leave. Leave this planet altogether. Sylvia ran down the abandoned highway that she and Marina had walked on to get to UL-IX. She wasn't going back to The BOOK AND CLUB, she wasn't risking Wander's safety, she wasn't risking her own safety.

Sylvia ran down the hill that led up to the highway and ran right instead of left. Mud splashed onto her shoes and her blue jeans as she ran in the forest.

"House! Sylvia, lookie! House!" Wander shouted.

Thinking the boy was talking about THE BOOK AND CLUB, Sylvia was about to tell him, no, but giving a quick glance at what Wander was still pointing at, and just like Wander had said a house, a big and tall house, in fact, stood not that far away from the two. Sylvia ran over and turned the doorknob and thankfully, it opened. Once inside, Sylvia slammed it closed. She found a couch and pushed it over to the door and it became a barricade. Sylvia took the baby carrier off her back and helped the baby out of the carrier. Sylvia tried to think of anything, just anything to take her mind off of Keina and everything else that happened today. She tiredly looked over to the kitchen and she heard a little ding in her head as an idea came to her. Sylvia back to Wander who was sitting on her belly.

"How about we eat some lunch, kiddo?" Sylvia asked.

"Food!" The baby squealed happily understanding what Sylvia meant.

"Then let's go have lunch."