Chapter 9

It's been a week, it's not like Keina's out there waiting for you. It was 3:00 A.M., and Sylvia laid there awake on the bed. Wander was asleep, curled up close to his big sister. Sylvia come on! She would've found the house by now! Sylvia sighed and wiggled her feet that weren't covered by the purple blanket. Come on! Sylvia sat up and looked at Wander. She probably thinks you're dead. Sylvia sighed and got off the bed. She walked over to the dresser that the previous owners had left behind and started looking for new clothes.

Sylvia pulled out a dark blue sparkly dress. She just went with it and headed to the bathroom to put it on. She came out a few minutes later and walked over to a mirror that was in the corner and took a look at the dress. The dress covered her shoulders entirely, her arms were uncovered, no sleeves at all, and the dress ended at her feet. Sylvia moved onto the socks and put on two white socks, then she grabbed her shoes and tied the shoelaces.

Sylvia grabbed the baby carrier and Wander. She put on the baby carrier and put Wander in it. Sylvia moved to the living room and pushed the couch away from the door. Sylvia opened the door and breathed in the outside air. It's okay, you're going to be okay.

And with that, Sylvia started walking. She didn't know where she was going, she didn't know long she was going to stay wherever she was going, but she would be back. Hopefully, before it got dark again.