Chapter 19

"Lamouria? Isn't that place where a lot of couples go?" Peepers asked.

Sylvia shrugged. She hadn't been there because one, she had no boyfriend or girlfriend, and two, she didn't know a lot of cities in America since her mom kept her and her brothers in her hometown during her childhood. They never moved, just stayed in the same room ever since she was born. And it probably wasn't a good place for her to take a 17-year-old and a one-year-old.

"We go there, or we travel up to Alaska to stay in Baaaaa-halla?" Sylvia asked as she fed Wander an apple she picked.

"Lamouria it is then."

X X X

"Have you ever thought of having an RV?" Peepers asked as they walked up the road that leads to Lamouria, California.

"No, not really," Sylvia answered.

"Don't you think it's better than walking?" Peepers asked.

Having an RV did sound way better than walking across the state just to find Lord Hater. From what Peepers said, she had a house somewhere between Phunulon and Glendale, California. Sylvia didn't know why she never thought of using an RV before.

"Even if I did get one, I don't think I have enough money for gas and buying food for all three of us," Sylvia told Peepers.

"I took a lot of money from my foster parents a few years ago," Peepers responded to what she said.

"Peepers!" Sylvia shouted in a scolding manner.

"What? They were in it for the money, so I took most of it." Peepers argued.

"How old were you?" Sylvia asked while she adjusted her grip on Wander's bottle and the infant himself.

"12 going on 13. I was on my own for two years until Lord Hater found me. Somebody found my motel room and decided to take advantage since I was short for a 15-year-old boy." Peepers explained to the blue and pink-haired woman. "Hater was just walking around when the lady fired a warning shot. Took me in after the police arrived."

"When did you become his commander?" Sylvia asked.

"Last year on my 16th birthday," Peepers replied.

"Commander Peepers!" Wander sang a little tune once his mouth was free from his bottle.

Peepers grinned at the one-year-old. "Thank you Wander."

"Commander Peepers!" Wander sang again.

Sylvia smiled at both boys. "Commander Peepers!"

Peepers shook his head with a big smile on his face. "Commander Peepers!"

X X X X X X X

Three hours later...

X X X X X X X

"Sylvia?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you hear that?"

At first, Sylvia wanted to say no, but then she heard it. It was giggling, giggling coming from Wander's room. Sylvia turned down the volume of the T.V so they could hear. Well here comes another fight against going to sleep for Wander.

"Wander?" Sylvia asked while standing up from the couch.

"Yeah?"

"Sweetie, you have to sleep. We're leaving tomorrow after breakfast." Sylvia called.

"We are?" Sylvia glared at Peepers and he shrunk back on the couch.

"But Lissa's making me laugh! She's making faces!"

Sylvia and Peepers looked at each other.

"Who's Lissa?" Peepers asked.

"Think about it. Melissa, Lissa." Sylvia tried to lead Peepers to a realization. Then the giggling turned into crying.

"Wander?" Sylvia had already made her way to the door by this point.

"Sylvia! Lissa go away!" Wander cried. "Why Lissa go away?"

Sylvia looked at Peepers who was poking his head in. "Lissa had to go away because she has a bedtime too ya know."

"But...But...But..."

"Wander, please, she'll be back in the morning," Sylvia told the boy.

"Okay."

Sylvia stayed in there with her adopted little brother for a few more minutes. When she eventually got the baby asleep, she left the room she looked at Peepers. The older boy didn't say anything, he just followed his temporary guardian to the living room. Sylvia helped him lay down on the couch even though Peepers could do it by himself. She took off his helmet and tucked him in.

"Sylvia?" Peepers watched as she put her phone in sleep mode.

"See you in the morning, Peepers." Was all Sylvia said to the teenager.

Peepers sighed knowing he won't get anything out of her. "See you in the morning, Sylvia."