Chapter 8

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

One Week Later...

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"Sylvia!"

Sylvia sat up in her bed that she shared with Wander and looked over at the crying baby. Sylvia scooped the crying boy into her arms and started rubbing Wander's back.

"Shh, Wander, shh, it's okay baby, it's okay. Sylvia's here, big sister is here." Sylvia whispered.

They had gotten to a point even though it's been a week since Sylvia had found the young boy that she was comfortable to call herself the big sister of Wander. Wander looked up at his adoptive sister with teary eyes, but this time he had a smile on his face.

"Love you." Wander said and rest his head on her chest.

Sylvia smiled and kissed the top of Wander's head. "I love you too, buddy, I love you too."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"Sylvia! Lookie! Lookie!"

Sylvia stopped walking and looked at where her adopted younger brother was. She walked over and bent down so she could see what Wander was pointing at. Tadpoles swam around the two humans and Wander laughed and giggled hysterically and started to reach down. Sylvia quickly grabbed his hand and the baby looked at her confused.

"No, no, no, let's leave them be. You don't want to make the mommy and daddy froggy mad, do you?" Sylvia asked.

Wander shook his head and stopped what he was doing. Sylvia honestly forgot if the mother and father frogs stuck around until their frog children could go on land just like them. She just wanted to keep Wander from taking the tadpoles out of the water. The two moved further in the lake that was only 12 feet away from the backyard fence.

"Fishies! Fishies! Fishies!" Wander cried as fish brushed against his two legs.

Sylvia smiled and put Wander down back in the water. She was just enjoying that Wander was exploring the outside of their house and not just in his baby carrier. Soon, they ended up at a pound and more fishes came near the two siblings.

"Look, Sylvia! More fishies!" Wander shouted. "I wanna swim big sis! I want to swim like the fishies!"

Sylvia just shook her head and picked Wander up out of the water. "Sorry, kiddo, I don't have any swim diapers on me."

Wander's eyes widened at his elder sibling. "You're wearing a diaper?! Diapers for babies! Not adults!"

Sylvia sighed. This kid has a lot of stuff to learn. Sylvia thought.