Chapter 14

"Yeah, the guy who carried you and Wander in the bus looked very angry. He had blood on his blue shirt and said it was from him." The Binglebopolopolis bus driver, Miles Snow told Sylvia as she left the bus. "I just thought you were his girlfriend or something like that. Sorry I didn't ask him about it, Sylvia."

"It's okay." Sylvia didn't want Miles to feel bad. "Thank you so much for getting us here."

"You're welcome, ma'am."

Sylvia walked off the bus steps and onto the bus station platform and watched as Miles pull away and down the street. Wander waved from behind Sylvia's back. Sylvia started to walk away from the stop and soon felt somebody tap her right shoulder.

"Sissy, hungry." Wander whined.

"Hold on buddy, I'll find something or somewhere for us to eat some..." Sylvia stopped to check the time on her phone, it was 12:12 P.M. "Lunch."

Well, brunch. Sylvia thought to herself. She found a basket with a bunch of maps in it. THE ONE WAY TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET LOST IN BINGLEBOPOLOPIS! Was what was written in big capital letters once Sylvia grabbed one of the maps that were folded like a pamphlet. Approved by King Bingleborp followed under the picture of nine skyscrapers lined up leaving not a lot of space between the tall buildings. Sylvia opened the map up and started looking for the map key for the restaurants.

Restaurants Key:

The Listing Apple- Wilkinson Bridge

Revenge and Cove- Patterson York

Spade and Shoe- Hilltop Twist

Ugly Mountain Inn- Oak Tree Wynd

The Deck's Hog- Mt Ursula Bypass

The Pickled Sunrise- Paine Dale

The Count's Calf- Olympic Channel

"Which one little bro?" Sylvia asked.

"Apple!" Wander replied, which Sylvia took as the young child meant The Listing Apple.

"Okay, The Listing Apple it is then," Sylvia said.

• • • • • • • • • •

44 minutes later...

• • • • • • • • • •

"Apple Chowder? What the fuck?" Sylvia asked with a lot of disgust at what she had just read in her voice.

"Applesauce!" Wander shouted once his apple pie and his dessert arrived.

"Pie first kiddo." Sylvia reminded.

"Okay." Wander said, a little sad that he couldn't eat his applesauce first.

"We have clam chowder too, Mrs. Zbornak." Their female waiter, Mira, told her.

"Clam chowder, please." Sylvia handed the menu to Mira.

Sylvia had gone child first before the adult. Wander picked up his fork and started eating his pie. Mira came back 12 minutes later with a bowl of clam chowder. Sylvia started eating hers, but something moving outside the window caught her eye. And when she looked at everyone else, all of them were staring at the same thing that Sylvia was looking at, but in horror.

And soon the silence beside everyone's breathing was broken.

"IT'S LORD HATER!"