Chapter 14

"What's this?"
"My stomach, now can you put my shirt down?" The kid frowned as they put Sans's shirt back down. "Go back to bed."

__(3 months later)_

Sans had been avoiding Toriel and Grillby for the past few months. He was scared that they'd tell everyone. Well with Tori more so. He barely got any sleep from being paranoid that they would.

Sans knew he could get an ultrasound but he knew that Papyrus would be suspicious if he saw Sans come home with pictures. After all Sans never liked to take pictures. Guess he was missing out on that.

The skeleton was pretty much in withdrawal for a while. He didn't even want to go to work. All those restless nights really were catching up to him and he passed out a lot from exhaustion. The souls had been fluttering a lot for the past few months now. Mabel they sensed his panic or something, Sans didn't know. He just knew that he was really panicking.

He knew he was worrying Papyrus but what could he do about it? He was much too stressed. Sans knew that stress was bad for pregnancy especially for a skeleton but he couldn't help it.

Sans stood up from his bed and looked at himself in the mirror. His belly had grown bigger quite a bit and that also worried Sans.

 His belly had grown bigger quite a bit and that also worried Sans

Wait was one soul bigger than the other? That couldn't be. Sans decided that he should get that checked out.

__(Timeskip)___

Sans patiently waited for his name to be called as he tapped his finger on the armrest of the chair he was sitting on.
"Comic Sans."
Sans lifted his head and followed the nurse.
"Please sit in the bed and wait for the doctor." The nurse directed as they approached an empty room. Sans did as directed and patiently waited again. The doctors knocked on the door before entering an hour later. "Please lift up your shirt for me." As Sans lifted up his shirt the doctor closely examined his stomach.
"So they are different sizes"
   "Is that bad?" Sans asked.
"Well... it's a good thing you caught this early. It could be a sign of a genetic disorder. I presume by that the time they are born they might be very weak or they might not even be alive at all." Sans heart skipped a beat. "Is there anything I can do about it?" Sans asked, his voice shaking. "I'm afraid not but I'll need you to come to me every month, is that okay?"
"Y-yes, of course."
"Alright I'll get you signed up. Be sure to get some rest, if you don't get sleep you might harm the children."

After Sans got to his room he began to ridicule himself. Of course one of the kids were going to have a genetic disorder. Sans was weak, of course they got it from him. Sans punched himself growling "You idiot!" To himself repetitively. What if they didn't survive? It would all be Sans's fault.

Sans tried to sleep that night like the doctor suggested but he just couldn't. He couldn't get what the doctor said out of his mind. It was all his fault! The small skeleton began to cry at the thought of the possibility that one of his children could dust at birth. Shouldn't he be happy about this? He didn't even want these kids.