The Vault of My Darkness

I had my routine down pat when it came to work. Now it just feels off since I have guest with me. I just don't know what to fucking expect everyday now. It's almost like Christmas morning wondering if the Michael's are still here or not. But of course I hear either J5 annoying the shit outta Darryl, or Prince and Vince having a concert in the shower. Last night on the other hand was really great. And that's saying a lot since everything happened to me. I sometimes catch myself daydreaming of Danny just being around me and in his presence.

Like normal I get out of bed, do my normal hygienic stuff and throw my work clothes on. Then I see the mess on the top of my head. I haven't touched my hair in months and I can just imagine the naps I'll have to pull out.  I grab my brush and I push it through my hair feeling each nap pulling my scalp.

"OUCH! FUCKING BITCH!"  I exclaimed. This Brush got me fucked up.  I just leave it in my hair hanging from one of my huge naps on the top of my hair. I hear a knock on my door and a voice.

" Hey you ok in there?" I hear one of the Michael's ask.  The crazy thing is that I'm not gonna know who's who when they come to my door. They all sound the same.

" No!" I say as I go to my bedroom door and open it wide to see Prince with just a towel around his waist and his hair damp with water still dripping onto his shoulders. My mouth is just wide open at the sight. I wonder if this is how all their fine asses look too. But strangely enough, I see that this man got out of the shower and put his makeup right back on covering all of his patches from the vitiligo. I'm gonna have to have a talk with them about it.

" Oh! I'm so sorry! I should put some clothes on!" Prince says about to walk away.

" No! You're fine I have saw shirtless men before. Can I help you with something?"

"More like can I help you with something?" He says pulling the brush out of my hair. " Nappy aren't we?" He says chuckling.

" Very! I was trying to do something with this mess."

" May I try? Paris had the same problem you're having."

" You do hair? I don't believe you." I say to him folding my arms over my chest.

" Believe it. How you think I get my hair so beautiful." He says dramatically flipping it.

" Well if you think you can do something with this you go right ahead." He smirks at me and walks into my room.

" Step aside girl I'm about to do a miracle on this mess." He says twirling his fingers into my nappy mess.
" Well make it quick cause I have to be at work soon." I say as I plop on the floor in front of my bed and Prince sits down on the bed.

" It'll be quick I promise." He says as he pushes the brush through my hair and I feel every single hair ripping out of my scalp.

" Ouch!" I say holding both of my hands on my head stopping him from his work.

" Well maybe if you actually took care of your hair we wouldn't be here now would we?" He says popping my hands with the brush. I let go of my hair and slap his foot.

" Shut up! You sound like my grandma."

Which was true. She used to do my hair all the time and when it got nappy like this mess, she used to pop me in the forehead and smack me around for moving so much. Now that I think about it.... Prince gives me that vibe my grandma always had. I mean I smelled his cooking before and it looks like he can throw it down. And just the way he is around me for the most part I just feel her presence with him.