Saturday Mornings

After we watched Darryl give J5 a chase and beat down around the house, we eventually went back down stairs and finished our dinner. It was awkward sitting down next to Danny cause I knew he was still waiting for an answer. Not to mention it's my day off tomorrow and I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna avoid answering his question all day. I mean I feel like it's just rude to put him in the 'Friend Zone' when I gave everyone else a family title.

I swear Jazz you fucked up and put yourself in this mess. Lord!

After dinner I helped the boys with the dishes and cleaning up trying to avoid Danny's eye contact.
Me and Michael are working on the dishes as I dry and he washes. The rest of the boys are in the dining room wiping down the table and sweeping the floor.

" So what was that in there?" Michael asks scrubbing a plate.

" What you talking about?"

" You know what I'm talking about. Don't act dumb." Michael says lightly nudging me.

" What was I supposed to say to him? ' Oh I'm sorry Danny you don't need a family title because I wanna lick your sexy face off and marry you.' Yeah I don't think so." I say as Michael laughs.

" Well you gotta figure out something cause If I know one thing about myself... Danny is gonna be plucking your nerves every two seconds. So I would figure something out." He hands me a wet plate and I being to dry it.

" Well since you know yourself so well, help me with something to say." I say placing the dry plate in the cabinet.

" Be honest. Tell him you like him."

" Really? Just be blunt and tell him that I'm crazy about him? Yeah right." I say rolling my eyes.

" What's wrong with being honest? That's what I would want and that's what Danny expects." He says handing me another plate.

I look into the dining room and see Danny wiping off the dinner table with Darryl and Billy chatting among themselves laughing. I catch Danny's beautiful smile while he's laughing and it makes me smile and blush at his cuteness. I never did this with Reggie before.

I then feel Michael splash me with water snapping me out of my thoughts.

" Hey! What was that for?" I ask wiping the water from my cheek.

" Trying to wake you up before you drool all over yourself. I know I'm attractive but damn." He says shaking his head.

" Look in 1991 you was fine ok? So don't judge me when I can't tell Danny I like him. I'm still nervous around you guys anyway." I wipe another plate clean and place it on the shelf.

" Yeah but he needs an answer."

" Why? It's only been—"

" Four days I know Jazzy." Michael says cutting me off.

" Ugh! I can't win with you guys." I say grabbing another wet plate to dry.

" Is it because of Reggie?"

I stop drying and I look at Michael. The dad side of him is starting to come out now and his face softens.

" What makes you say that?" I start to slowly dry the wet plate.

" Because Reggie is still fresh on your mind. You don't wanna be hurt again. And I get it."

He was right. I didn't want to get hurt again.

" Yeah but it's more than that.... What do I look like dating Michael Jackson who's supposed to be dead?"