Brienne x Lannister reader- Lioness of court

Jamie was home, well most of him was. When you had rushed to greet your brother, you noticed the missing hand as soon as he walked into your chambers and had instantly fawned over him. It had always been as such. As the oldest child of Tywin and Joanna Lannister, you had naturally taken over the role of a motherly figure for your younger siblings. And with this protective nature you were ready to hurt whoever had taken Jamie's hand. 

Your brother knew as much and brought you in for a long, and much needed, hug as he whispered into the crook of your neck, "I'm alright now. I'm home." 

"I was terrified that wouldn't come back." Though you held back tears, your voice broke and trembled as your shoulders shook. "Never do that again." 

Jamie chuckled, pulling back to show you a smile, "I'll try not to get captured in the near future." 

A laugh bubbled from you until you spotted a large woman behind him. You straightened yourself and returned to your usual stoic demeanour. "Are you the one who returned my brother?" 

The large woman gave you one quick nod as she remained silent and you approached her with strong confident strides. Most would shrivel under the utter pride and strength you emanated. A skill your father had instilled in you through his constant preaching of family and how Lions do not bow to sheep. And yet the woman watched you with a certain kind of calmness. 

"She's Brienne of Tarth and has saved me many times, even when I was being an ass." Jamie circled round to slap his hand on her shoulder and you caught her lips momentarily tug upwards. "Brienne, this is my sister (y/n) Lannister. Otherwise known as the Lioness of court." 

Such a title only came when others recognised your aptitude of playing the game of courtly intrigue. Though you rarely done anything for personal gain. It is said that if someone were to get you on their side, then they've won before anything started. And by the way Brienne shifted on the spot and cleared her throat, your reputation proceeded you. 

She offered another bow of the head, "I heard you are someone to be feared, my Lady." 

With a small smile, you clasped your hands together and moved to sit at your desk. "I'm lethal in the battle of wit and not of the sword. Yet a blade can certainly kill me faster than well placed words. So you're safe from me judging by the armour and sword." You beckoned them both to sit on the other side of the desk as you offered them wine. Brienne turned it away, Jamie pounced on the opportunity. "Brienne, I am devoted to my family. I command the deaths of anyone who harms them or I reward those who protects them. It is because of that that I tell you this. If you ever need anything, be it a favour or a gift, ask it of me and I will provide. No questions asked." 

"That is kind of you my Lady." Your smile grew, though you quirked a brow her way. Feeling that she was not done speaking. Brienne pursed her lips before she added. "I am unable to think of what I'd ask of you." 

"No need to rush, even if you are on the road and send a letter, I'll make sure to do exactly as you ask." You stood and Brienne followed. It was only Jamie who stayed seated as he poured himself another round of wine. "You may leave. I do wish to spend some time catching up with my brother." 

Brienne nodded and left your chambers. Moments passed by as you stayed standing, watching the door, until Jamie chuckled, "you fancy her."

"What can I say, I do tend to fancy big strong women." You winked and settled down to spend some much needed quality time with your dearest brother.

~

Brienne hated King's Landing. Nothing was simple or honest and she'd had enough of the nasty looks she'd get from men and women alike. All judging her to the point where she was just about ready to leave. That is until she would see you.