|𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 10: 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁?|

𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

Evelyn stepped out of the car with her friends in her wake.

Kyran and Alec were fighting again.

She rolled her eyes, picking up her phone.

Gold's friends eyed them but chickened out when they saw the driver.

She scrolled down to the school page with a picture of Alec and comments underneath.

She sighed as she pressed 'report'.

♔︎♕︎♔︎

𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞?

♔︎♕︎♔︎

Her driver gave her a curious look but she shook her head.

"See you Sam." Evelyn waved dismissively.

He nodded and started up the car again.

Alec and Kyran waved to him.

A teacher arrived outside the school when the driver drove off.

They stood near her vision but not close enough to be called cowards or teacher's pets.

Gold arrived, talking into her phone again.

She glanced at us and rolled her eyes dramatically.

She ended her call and clicked on something else.

She turned to her friends and started laughing, pointing to her phone.

She put it on and Evelyn, Alec and Kyran heard the words "Crush... Go out?"

Kyran turned red and looked away.

Alec glared at them and hugged Kyran, whispering, "she's trash ignore her. You can do better than her."

Despite Alec's efforts, a tear slipped down his face.

Evelyn glanced at her anime-loving friend, feeling angry that they made a kind boy like him cry.

She turned to him, opening her mouth to comfort him but felt she couldn't say anything.

She stole a glance at Gold to see that she looked slightly embarrassed and sorry.

As she should.

But her friends were laughing loudly and pointing at Kyran shamelessly.

Her fists clenched.

Why was Gold doing this?

She clearly got the reaction she wanted so why was she looking so meek and sorrowful?

~

Gold looked at Kyran.

She felt bad ridiculing him.

After all, hadn't they been friends for two years?

She felt cruel and disgusting.

She saw her friends laughing and desperately wanted to impress them so she attempted a chuckle but it came out a pitiful choked gasp.

They turned to her, a few wiping their eyes at the very idea Kyran had a chance with Gold.

Gold wanted nothing more than spit at them.

She bit her lip to stop herself swearing at them.

Seeing Kyran sobbing was a painful sight, a few weeks ago she'd beat up anyone who dared made him frown.