Chapter 1

It was a normal night for Magnus Bane. He had just finished up his last client before time, so he had the rest of the night off. He took a sip of his drink. The phone rang suddenly. He looked at the screen and smiled. "Hello, Alexander." Magnus says sweetly, walking around the loft with the drink in his hand.

Alec was practically venting trying to explain all the things that had happened today. "Magnus. I swear to God if one of these people annoy me again, I'll lose it and I'll end up murdering everyone." Magnus chuckled. His boyfriend had one of the most stressful jobs he could think of, but Alec always managed to push through.

"Just think about coming home a little earlier. We can have a nice bath, I'll make you something to eat, and we can watch that soap opera that you claim you hate but I know you secretly love." Magnus smiles as he waits for a reply. "I...I don't like soap operas. What no." Alex stuttered over the phone as Magnus breaks into laughter.

"That's probably why it's on our Netflix recommended." Alec didn't say anything for a bit. "That...That was Isabelle." Magnus shook his head smiling. "I'm sure it was darling." Magnus's voice softens. "I'm sorry that it's a bad day for you." He said quietly.

"Stop saying sorry for things that aren't your fault." Magnus smiles again. "Oh my god, Magnus. Mom's here. What the hell does she want?" Magnus giggles. "Are you in trouble?" Magnus asked teasingly. Alec raised a brown. "Oh god, I hope not. I'll see you at 7 babes. I love you." Alec said as he hung up the phone.

Magnus felt a warm feeling sweep over him. He loved it when Alec said I love you. It was so genuine and sweet and....and organic. It was like they were married, and they were husbands who just had a normal life. None of this Shadowhunter and Downworlder stuff. Magnus looked at the clock. 5 pm. He had around two hours to make dinner.