Chapter 5

Isabelle rummaged through her phone and called a number. "Like Magnus." Alec rolled his eyes but Isabelle kept going. "Think about it, Alec. Couldn't he portal them and hold back the Vampires?" Alec immediately turned around. "Magnus wouldn't do that. I've told him about the necklace and the mission multiple times. He's not. He wouldn't."

Alec said immediately, but his mind was wandering to all the possibilities. "I know Magnus wouldn't, but if he had a good enough reason besides I called him and he didn't pick up." Alec dials Magnus's number, but it went straight to voicemail. He cursed.

"Izzy. We need to go to that den before something- I'm going to kill all of them." Alec muttered. It seemed like Magnus fought for hours. His arms and legs were giving up as he threw his last ball of magic. Magnus looked around quickly. There were more vampires near the bridge.

"We got it." Jace and Clary whispered to him as they were at his side. Magnus turned his head around and looked at them angrily. "Where's Alexander?" He asked, looking behind them for the young Shadowhunter. Magnus glared. "Did you not find him?" Clary and Jace looked sheepishly down, but before they could say anything, a vampire slammed them against the road.

Jace groaned as he looked over at an unconscious Clary. He looked helplessly at Magnus, who was now slowly getting up. Magnus said a quick spell as jumped in front of the 2 shadowhunters.

Jace drew an irate on Clary and looked up. Jace could see Magnus losing focus. The warlock looked drained as he looked back to check up on the two shadowhunters. "Magnus Bane?" A vampire called out.