Chapter 9

His hand didn't even want to check the pulse, but he shakily did. As soon as he felt the light pulse, his heart returned to him. They brought Magnus to the infirmary where Catarina treated him. She yelled and cursed something in Latin as she kicked the table. Alec peered at her concerned.

"I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated." Catarina looks at Magnus sadly. Alec walked over and placed his hand on Cat's back. "The cut isn't that deep, but I can only do so much with my magic. He's absolutely drained, Alec. I've tried to heal him but-"

"Is it not working?" His voice was wavering, and how much ever he tried, he couldn't stop the shrilly thought of losing his lover. Catarina sighs. "I can't tell. He's not responding-" Magnus's eyes flutter open as he coughs violently. Alec rushed to his side and took his hand.

Cat smiled. "Thank god you stupid Warlock. I was almost about to give up on you." Catarina's jokes were subdued by her evidently worried voice. Magnus smiled weakly at her. "You would never." He croaked. Cat grins as she starts to make a portal. "Ya never know Mags. Maybe next time I'll leave you for the dead."

"Oooh. Don't tempt me." Magnus shot back. Cat rolled her eyes.