Chapter 11

"I'm...I'm sorry. I just thought-"

"Just shut up." Alec walked out of the room to get something. Magnus looked hurt but quieted down. Alec had never sounded so spiteful towards him. The bed was getting uncomfortable so he stood up hesitantly with Clary's help. Alec came back with some medicine.

Magnus took the pills and sat down on a chair nearby. "I know you went for the necklace." Alec mumbled quietly towards Magnus. "I just don't know why you would be stupid enough to do so."

"I'm sorry that I went, Alexander. It was a misunderstanding." Magnus looked angrily at Jace. "I wasn't trying to-" Alec silenced him with a glare. "Do you have any idea how scared I was? I thought I lost you. You were pale and cold IN MY ARMS MAGNUS!" Alec couldn't shake off his anger. "Alec it's not Magnus's fault." Jace began.

"You almost died. If I hadn't come in time these two would have left you for dead." Alec said to Magnus, not looking away from him. Jace stepped back like he had been shot. Sure, he and Magnus weren't the closest of buddies, but there was no way in hell he would let Magnus die. "I'm sorry Alec please."

Magnus sounded like he was pleading, which was so unusual for the powerful warlock. "You just care about yourself. You never think about others." Magnus looked at Alec with a devastating look. His eyes trail down as tears form around the brim.

Alec looked at Jace, who was shuffling around nervously. Magnus stood up and started walking out, making Alec angrier. "Where do you think you're going?" Alec asked menacingly.