Chapter 12

Magnus walked out wiping the tears with his sleeve, not saying a word. Alec rolled his eyes. "Fine. Go make another stupid mistake. Just don't expect me to save your ass again!" Alec's voice was wavering. Jace's heart tightens. "Alec don't be mad at him. It's our fault." Jace said as Clary nods. Alec shook his head. "It's all of your faults."

"No, it's not!"

"Jace. Magnus is old enough to know that those vampires are dangerous. If anything happened to you guys or him-"

"Magnus only agreed to do it because I told him you were hurt!" Jace blurted out. Alec shut his mouth. "What?" He hissed at Jace. "I told him that they had you and that we needed to go quickly. I told him that so he wouldn't think about anything else." For a moment, there was nothing. No movement, no talking, nothing.

The next second, Alec slammed his fist into Jace's face. Jace doesn't fight back, letting Alec give him a painful bruise across his cheek. Alec almost goes in for another one, but Isabelle stopped him. "Alec! Stop!" Isabelle steps in between them.

Alec stepped back. "I'm so sorry Alec." Jace mumbled. Alec glared at him. His glare subsided as he thought of his boyfriend. The man who tried to help but always seemed to face the brunt of things.