the night we met

i just reread this and realized that things escalated to quickly, but i promise the story gets better!

Angeline's point of view: 

"hey Angeline we missed u over the summer" screamed Hermione. Harry, Hermione ,and Ron ran up to me in excitement. "hey guys sorry for not writing back i really wanted to but you know how my moms like" i said. the 3 of them looked at me and smiled, Hermione gave me a comforting hug and said it was okay. you see my mom was a mean, abusive person before she met my father, he really changed her and made her a better person but 2 years ago after my father was killed my mom was back to being abusive and this time it was 10x worse. as Hermione comforted me I could hear loud footsteps and giggling. "aww u got your self a girlfriend Hermione", said Malfoy. "your not one to speak Malfoy, you always have your little 2 minions around you, you sure they're not your boyfriends?" I scoffed. Malfoy looked at me as he raised his eyebrows in anger.

it was the first week of school and Malfoy is already getting on my nerves. I had a lot going on and everything's so confusing. "oh Angeline here comes your owl with a letter "says harry. "BLOODY HELL!" screams Ron as my clumsy owl falls and hits his head. "its okay Ron it happens all the time".  "oh the letter is  from my mom" I said. I know its not gonna be good so I just sit there in fear.

 As I finally open the envelope I can tell I'm gonna regret opening this in front of everyone. "hello there young lady just wanted to tell you not to come home for Christmas I don't want u here" my mom screamed without hesitation. before my mom could embarrass me more I close the envelope and ran out of the great hall. everyone heard that and people stared and giggled. I try to hold back my tears for along as I can but once I reached the bathroom I starred at the mirror and felt so worthless. I fell to the ground and laid my head on my knees, I started sobbing so loudly that I couldn't hear the footsteps approaching. "Kat?" the voice sounded so familiar and I just hoped it wasn't who I think it is. I look up and see who it is. "Malfoy? Why are u in the girls bathroom get out". he looked at me and he looked so worried. "hey Kat you okay?" I wiped my tears and bravely stated that I was fine. "oh and u can call me by my first name by the way" I said. we locked eyes for a moment and then I walked passed him. I went straight to the common room and I just sat there staring at the fire. "Angeline oh my god where have u been". said Hermione. she seemed so scared for me and so did harry and Ron. "hey I'm sure your mom didn't mean what she said" Ron stated, trying to cheer me up. the fact that Ron was trying to make me feel better but was just so bad at it made me giggle. I ended up getting over it but what I couldn't get over is how Draco looked at me in pity, it looked almost as he felt bad for me. obviously I refuse to believe that because well he's, Draco.

me and Malfoy lock eyes a couple more times. "um I think u got an admirer" whispered Luna. I turn back to see Malfoy staring at me. he looks away immediately and I turn back around to find myself smiling. "oh my god Angeline do u like him?". I quickly drop my smile and insist that I don't. that happened a couple more times these passed few months. its finally Christmas break but I remember I have to stay at Hogwarts because I have no home to go to so I just say goodbye to Ron Hermione and harry and I wish them a good Christmas.

 its been a boring 2 days so far with no classes and friends. I decide to take a walk and I trip. "oh sorry Kat". I look up and its Malfoy. "don't worry" I say. as I walk forward I hesitate to go back and talk to him but I turn around and grab him by his hand so he's facing me. "hey Malfoy why are u being so nice to me" I asked. he ignored me so I walked away. "hey Kat!" he screamed. I turned around and we locked eyes. "u said to call u by your first name but what do u want me to call you? "he asked. I let out a small sigh "wow Malfoy u don't know my name?" I scoffed. "no no I do but I wanna give u a nickname" Draco explained. "Angie?" "Ang?" "Angely?" he muttered. I let out a giggle. "ANGEL!" he interrupted. I looked at him and smiled. "Draco if u dare call me angel I will kill u". we both started laughing but the moment finished when professor Snape came up to us. "well looks like u too are getting along. and as for u Draco aren't u supposed to be in London with your family?" "no professor I decided to stay in Hogwarts this Christmas" said Draco.

3 weeks pass and Hermione, Ron, and harry are finally back. I wanted to tell them about my interaction with Draco but they'd probably think poorly of it. professor McGonagall announces that there will be a yule ball on Friday. harry asked Ginny, Ron asked Hermione. I had no one to go with. to be honest I didn't really feel bad about it. I go to the library and I bump into Draco. "oh look who it is" "shut up Draco" "Ouch that hurt angel" "good".  he looks me up and down and I almost melt. I turn around and start jumping up and down in excitement forgetting Draco's behind me. "uh angel are u having a seizure? "says Draco. immediately I open my eyes wide and I was so embarrassed. "oh Malfoy your still here". he snorted and I walked away awkwardly. "Hermione I really need to talk to u" I begged. "ok ok what is it?" "me and Draco had a few interactions and I don't regret any of them well except for the one 5 minutes ago I really embarrassed myself" I cried. "and u feel guilty because u don't regret talking to him?" Hermione asked. "yes..." I mumbled. then I realized I was over reacting so we just laughed. 

 I think I'm starting to like him, but I cant. I convince my self that I don't.

its the night of the yule ball and I spent most of my savings on a beautiful Ombre blue gown. I wore a winged eyeliner along with blush and soft pink lipstick. I let my hair out and I honestly felt beautiful. "Hermione, how do I look" I sighed. she stared at me like she's seen a ghost. ''holy cricket Angeline your perfect" and obviously I returned the compliment. I'm 20 minutes late to the ball and I ask professor Flitwick to open the doors for me and I was standing there with both my hands lifting my dress so I could walk, as the doors were opening everyone was staring at me. I was extremely nervous because all eyes were on me, for a second I thought I was bleeding or something. there I saw Draco, he was wearing a black suit. his beautiful grey eyes met mine. he smiled and it was the most genuine smile I've ever seen. "u look beautiful angel" "oh shut up Draco" "make me" he giggled. "hey I'm gonna put on a song me and u can dance to" "id love that" I said. "can I request a song called the night we met?" asked Draco. the DJ agreed. "oh my god Draco you know that song?" "its one of my favorites angel" "its one of my favorites too Draco". I smiled and he put his hands out. "wanna dance?" "gladly" I said excitedly. as the song started playing we started dancing so gracefully. once the song said ''i had all and then most of u some and now none of u'' we sang it together while he spun me 3 times. and right after that we both mumbled the lyric ''take me back to the night we met". it was the most beautiful moment. he was so close to me and I could see his blonde hair with a couple of darker streaks, I could see the bluish parts of his grey eyes, I could see his long eyelashes and in that moment I realized he was perfect. "I'm gonna go for some fresh air" Draco said. "u mustn't go alone its dark outside" "angel, I can take care of myself". he walked away but I followed him. not because I didn't trust him but because I wanted to spend more time with him. I could hear him crying, I got so worried. "Draco?" "oh I didn't notice u were up here" "Draco what's wrong". he turned away and ignored me. I sat down and he sat down beside me. "i just feel so angry all the time" Draco sighed. I was surprised that he had been opening up to me. i rested his head on my shoulders and told him everything was gonna be okay. in that moment i realized i really liked him, i just didn't say anything because i wasn't sure if Draco felt the same. my lame self couldn't help it "Draco, i think im falling for you".