just friends

it was 8:30 and the sun had just set, I was heading to the library to meet up with Draco for the project. I was walking quite fast so I wouldn't be late. as I was walking I bumped my head against another causing her books to fall. "ouch" the girl whispers. "h-here let me get that for you" I demand. as I was picking up her books I looked up to see who it is. "Hermione hey" I say quite exited. there was a long pause. "Hermione why are you all ignoring me, I'm sorry about what had happened on the train but harry took it to far". there was a long pause again. I stood up and walked away but she grabbed my wrists and pulled me in for a hug. I felt so relieved "yes harry took it to far on the train, he was jealous but he got over it. but the 3 of us have a good reason to be ignoring you Angeline I'm sorry I really-" 

"HERMIONE WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO HER" Ron screams from afar. as Ron was sprinting towards us as harry runs behind "brilliant Hermione you just cant keep your mouth shut can u?" harry says with a bit of attitude. I could see Hermione's eyes sparkle up , but with tears. 

"harry, Ron, really? you've been ignoring me for days and when Hermione says hi this is how you treat her? I snap back. harry and Ron look at each other for a quick second then they turn back to look at me. "Angeline you really don't get it do you, we want you to think we hate you". my eyes widened up, I was more confused rather then sad. "w-why?" I stutter. "dobby, its dobby. he visited us and told us to try our best to get you out of Hogwarts because its dangerous for you" Ron explains. "yeah, and we thought that if we pretended to hate you you'd want to go "harry continues.

"dobby visited me too, he said I cant go to Hogwarts but I didn't listen" I reply. "yeah we know" Hermione says.

I looked at the nearest clock, "CRAP crap I'm late" I run off to the library in a rush. "well you're late angel" "do not call me that Draco" I say, raising my eyebrows. 

we had been trying to memorize the spells and ingredients that we need to gather for the potion. 

"what the hell is a mandrake?" Draco sighs. "its a plant and its cries are fatal to the ears, wait what page are u memorizing?" I ask. "uh page 23?" "GOD DRACO YOUVE BEEN MEMORIZING THE WRONG THINGS" I scream. a couple seconds later I realized I might've overreacted a little."s-sorry" I say letting out a long sigh. 

"Angeline I think we need to talk" "no, you need to memorize the correct things" I smirk. he then stares at me waiting for me to talk to him."ok what do you want" I then roll my eyes. "what you said on the train hurt me, a-and I had some time to think. I'm sure were better of as friends. just friends". with tears in my eyes, I nod my head. "yeah, just friends".i say in a low voice. "a-are u crying"'no way I'm so over you "I lie while wiping my tears.

I look at the clock beside Draco"crap its 11 we have to go" I say.  he stands up and lends me a hand. we left the library and it was pitch black, everyone was asleep. "Draco its too dark I cant see a thing, can we use your wand for light?" he hands me his wand and we walk to our dorms, I look down and realize that I'm still holding his hand. I let go and he looks at me. "Draco that's my dorm, goodnight" I say. he doesn't say it  back so i walk away.

"what are you doing up in this hour?" Hermione asks. "oh hey you're awake" I say. "yeah, lets go to bed." she tells me. I cuddle up in bed and fall asleep.