Ambush~9

Inside the second layer, a human was seen killing demon beasts after he killed off the last one, he stopped.

[Mission completed]

[Title 'demon hunter' gained
Ability: weakens demons to 70% of their original strength.]

{That's nice} Michael thought.

"System, reveal my status"

[Status]

Michael Kors

[Title]
Demon hunter

[Physique]
17/100

[Speed]
25/100

[Defense]
  25/100

[Will]
26/100

[Abilities]
Ice attribute
Demon nightmare

[Battle points]
   250

[Equipments]
Dragon's Cape
Mask of ethereal
Soul sword

[Race]
Human/???

[Realm and stage]
Nature's realm
Re-creation stage

He had gained 50 stat points, he used to upgrade his status.

He left the 250 battle points, since he had not seen any skills to acquire.

In the same forest, the candidates have now entered the second layer and has started to kill the beasts.

Half of the southern group was led by Nathaniel Thorne, he was the crown prince of Thily.
{Something is wrong, from the information I got. The low tier demon beasts were supposed to be aggressive not this weak}

"Did you also notice it?
The handsome dark haired boy besides Nathaniel Thorne said.

"Everyone should stop, lets go back"
Nathaniel announced.

The group were stunned, some people were wondering if something was wrong with Nathaniel's brain.

How could he tell them to go back to the courtyard, when they have not killed enough demons.

"There is something wrong with these. The demons are too easy to kill, listen to him I also believe that we should go back"
The dark haired boy, Ben hawkes said.

But some people were arrogant and decided to form their own team and leave the group.

Ben and Nathaniel took the remaining candidates back, as they were going back, they heard screams coming from the direction that the arrogant teams went off to.

Now everyone knew that something was definitely wrong

"Run!"

The southern groups ran quick but they didn't go far before their path was blocked by gargoyles riding middle tier beasts.

Someone in the crowd shouted
"Gargoyles!"

The unity that the southern group had was broken down immediately as some of the candidates were panicking, some had even fainted.

The gargoyle screeched then, rushed at them.

Nathaniel Thorne took his sword and infused it with his dark attribute. He fought the first gargoyle and killed it.

Ben hawkes manifested his bow and arrows. He had the fire attribute but his was much stronger than Andrus fire attribute.

The two were the strongest in the southern group, but although their strength defeated some of the gargoyles, yet it was not enough to turn the battle to their favour.

The gargoyles were still attacking the candidates

"What the hell is wrong with these demons?"

Some of the candidates could not even scratch the gargoyles.

The candidates formed teams and started to fight against the gargoyles and their demon beasts.

Just then another gargoyle appeared, it seemed to be their leader. He directed the other other gargoyles to finish the battle quick.

Nathaniel and Ben were feeling the burden now as only two of them were powerful enough to race three gargoyle at a time each.

The gargoyle leader was annoyed by the two and decided to kill them.

He charged at them

A white blur flew out of the forest, the white blur accelerated his speed and almost went invisible

The blur is our hero, Michael.

He ran to the gargoyle and swung his sword.

The gargoyle's head was slit without a sound.

The gargoyle only felt the air that passed it and didn't think anything about it. It was enraged by the disturbance that Michael had created.

Then when it was about to charge at Michael, it noticed that it could see a headless body. He screeched and fell down

Michael ignored the notification that rang in his head and jumped up, he kicked the air and kicked it again. It seemed as if he was flying, he then activated
'demon nightmare' and his ice attribute.

The soul sword froze every demon beast that it touched, soon the battlefield became a museum of frozen demon beasts.

Nathaniel and Ben used the opportunity to destroy the remaining demons.

The gargoyles had been weakened after their leader ha6s been killed by Michael.

"Who is he?"

"What a terrifying warrior!"

"He must be a knight, that the Arcadia had sent to rescue us.
There is no way he is a candidate"

The candidates looked at Michael in awe.

Nathaniel and Ben had not seen this person before. They wondered who he was

"Who are you?"
Ben asked when he saw that Nathaniel was still hesitating to talk.

"I am GLORIOUS MORNINGSTAR, a candidate of the north group"
Michael said before leaving.

Nathaniel and the rest stared at this candidate that looked like an immortal

Ben smiled after Michael left{Derrick your perfect equal had just appeared}

Nathaniel saw Ben's smile and knew what he was thinking. Derrick has always been at the top of the six, but it seems like the struggle for the heaven's chosen this time was going to be tough.

He muttered
"What a strange name, Glorious Morningstar".