Top ten~19

The banquet kicked off after the Knight's announcement, Michael was interested in knowing how they did this world's banquet so he observed everything quietly.

On the hand Derrick observed Michael, when he came back fro the dosrae forests he was everyone to give him a standing ovation, but all he met was silence the he heard about GLORIOUS. At first he thought it was a fictional person made up by his father and his colleagues but when he heard the detailed tales that the candidates told about him, he believed.

But truth to be told, Derrick was quite unhappy that someone had surpassed him, after all he has been holding the name of the most powerful youth in the kingdom and nearby kingdoms.
He expected himself to win the competitions but a certain Glorious surpassed him.

He decided to meet Glorious and was surprised to find him easy to talk to, after all most great warriors are arrogant and look down a lot on people weaker than them,so the image he created of Glorious was a powerful young master that was arrogant.

"Are you done staring"
He blushed when he saw that Michael was no longer looking at the stage but was focused on him.

Michael was amused {wonder why he was staring so weirdly at me}.

*Coughs, coughs* "don't mind me, but I can see that you are enjoying the banquet"

Michael nodded when he heard Derrick's question.
Compared to earth's medieval banquets, Nexus's banquet was much better.

Before Derrick could inform Glorious about something, the head knight interrupted him.

"His majesty, king Ohms of Arcadia thanks everyone that has graced this banquet with their presence. Now it's the time that everyone has been waiting for.

He paused so as to draw people's attention and make his next words grander.

"Welcome the top ten candidate of the Uriel's day competitions!"

*Clap, clap ,clap*
People even whistled and gave a standing ovation to their outstanding warriors.

The head knight made a signal for the people to calm down
And then he started calling them out

"Tenth place – Bardamout
Warrior of Thily
Number of demon beasts killed: forty six.

Ninth place – iris isoken
Princess and warrior of Delij kingdom
Number of demon beasts killed: fifty.

Eight place – Thirsk Grindsel
Warrior of Thily
Number of demon beasts killed: fifty five

Seventh place – Ben hawkes
Rogue warrior
Number of demon beasts killed: seventy

The crowd gasped, as the number of the demon beasts that Ben killed was higher than the eight warrior.

{The real warriors are appearing now} Michael smiled.

Sixth place – Sophia ohms
Princess and warrior of Arcadia
Number of demon beasts called: eighty four.

Fifth place – Nathaniel Thorne
Crown prince and warrior of Thily
Number of demon beasts killed:
One Hundred and ten.

{The gap is increasing}
Michael was astonished as the gap of each candidate was getting much higher and higher.
{Guess that's why they are called potential heaven chosens}. He also wondered what his score would benefit

Fourth place – Clark morad
Rogue warrior
Number of demon beasts killed:  one hundred and thirty

Third place – Bryan kors
Prince and warrior of Arcadia
Number of demon beasts killed: two hundred

The increase in the gaps surprised some people especially Michael {so that's why he is arrogant}

Second place – Derrick Ohms
Crown prince and warrior of Arcadia
Number of demon beasts killed: three hundred and fifty.

Derrick walked out to the stage and stood with the other eight candidates.

And the champion of this competitions, the first place and the Heavens Chosen is GLORIOUS MORNINGSTAR
unknown warrior and prince
Number of demon beasts killed: Eight hundred.

Everyone was dumbfounded once they heard the number of demon beasts that Glorious killed. Even Michael was stunned, he knew that he had killed a lot of demon beasts that day but he had not expected it to be so big like this. The other candidates were already depressed as they wondered how they could catch up to a monster like this especially Derrick.

These are the top ten warriors and winners of the Uriel's day competition."
The head announced to the spectators.

Everyone cheered for them.

"Stop"
The head knight raised his hands to signal the crowd to be quiet

To make this banquet more interesting, the king has agreed to a royal match spar.

A royal march spar was one where a warrior is matched with a knight that corresponds with his strength. It was a friendly fight.

The crowd screamed as they were so in love with the idea. What better to enjoy the banquet than to watch their heroes spar against the Knights.

The first match was Bardamout against fire attributed knight.
The other nine warriors cleared the stage for them.

Both bowed down to each other and began.

Bardamout was a warrior that focused more on physical strength, in other words he was a barbarian.

The knight hurled a tong of fire at bardamout, the fire grew as it approached bardamout.

Bardamout watched the rapidly approaching fire and when it was about to engulf him, he stumped the ground and retreated. The vibrations of the stomped ground cancelled out the fire.

The Knight became more serious, he thought bardamout was one of the senseless brutes. He brought his weapon, a bow. He was an archer, he drew four arrows on the bow and when he was about to release it, a wicked idea came to his mind. He attached the fire attribute to the arrows and released it.

The arrows were like four beasts released from their cages, Bardamout was stunned, he dodged the first and second flaming arrows but he couldn't escape the two remaining arrows.

The arrows hit him with the speed it generated and  bardamout was thrown off the stage.

Bardamout had lost to the Knight, but the crowd still cheered for him not minding his failure.

Michael had already guessed the outcome of the fight once he saw the flaming arrows. But he was surprised that people didn't berate bardamout.

The king made revised the rules of the spar, it was now warrior against warrior.

The upcoming fight was between iris isoken and Thirsk Grindsel.