8

The dosrae forest was recently conquered by Arcadia. The forest was divided into three layers, the first layer was safe for humans.
The second layer was not that safe, as some low tier demon beasts still strolled around there.
The third layer was more dangerous as only those in the Halfling realm could access it, even the plants inside the third layer were scarier than lower tier beasts.

Clank!
The four gates opened gradually, out of the east gate, a blue flag was raised signifying that the east candidates were out.

The West gate opened and a yellow flag was raised, the west candidates were out.

The South gate opened and a red flag was raised, the south candidates were out

And finally the last gate, the north gate opened and a green flag was raised, the north candidates were out.

All the candidates for the competitions were out and each wore a bracelet, that currently read 0. The number of the demon beasts they killed would automatically appear on the bracelets.

The king's voice was heard
"This is an opportunity for your rise or downfall.
Make the Uriel proud!
May the protection of Uriel be with you!"

They shouted
"And his wrath on our enemies"

Then they started rushing into the forests, they were all excited at the idea of killing demons, some had even envisioned themselves as a top winner of the competition. the candidates were confident and brave.

"His imperial majesty, you know that some of them won't come back from the dosrae forest. We are losing control of the forests to the demons."
The prime minister Said to the king.

"Am aware my dear friend, it is unfortunate but to save many we must sacrifice a few."
The king sighed as he knew that some of these eager youths would not be found again (most will be killed by demon beasts).

"His excellency! You have a message"

The prime minister came out to discover that it was jay and garrick, the bodyguards he had assigned to protect his third son.

"Why are the both of you here?"

"Your Excellency, prince Michael is missing"

"What do you mean he is missing?"
The prime minster frowned.

"After he came back from the palace,we made sure to keep him in his room but after some hours, when we noticed no movements in the room, we opened the door to  discover the room empty"
Jay explained to the prime minister.

The prime minister sighed as he already knew what had happened, he waved off the guards.
"Go back home"

"The boy came for the competitions?"
The king asked him

The prime minister nodded, while praying in his heart { Michael, I hope that Uriel protect you from every harm or else your mama is going to make the rest of my days so miserable }

.....

Somewhere in the third layer of dosrae.

"My lord, those humans really dared to come into the forest, they have just enters the first layer."
A humanoid creature that had bat wings and scorpion stings reported to a person hidden in the dark corner.

"Hahahaha
These humans are interesting, they just saved me the stress of coming after them.
Release the middle tier demon beasts into the second layer, before you do that make sure that the first layer seems very easy and after the enter second layer, weaken the strength of the low tier demon beast to lure them in."
The hidden person said.

"I will do so my lord"
The creature was a gargoyle, it screeched once it received its mission, then countless screeches were heard in the third layer.
It was obvious that Arcadia and the other kingdoms were deceived.

The demons had played them.

......

Michael was in the north group, he asked Harry if they wanted to team up with him.

"Am afraid that's not possible, I know that you are powerful, but i don't want to be burden to you"
Harry told him while avoiding his eyes.

Michael was not a fool. It was not that Harry didn't desire to be under Michael's protection, it was just that Michael would kill most of the demon beasts and he would only receive bits. He also knew that Andrus agreed with his brother.

{I can't force anyone to follow me, it seems am on my own afterall}

"No problem, if you guys meet something you can't handle, let me know."

"Ok we do that"
Harry said and they separated.

Michael was now alone, he walked for a long time, he was lost in the forest. Then he heard a growl at his right hand side.

It was a bull. Michael was surprised he thought that demon beasts would resemble ugly creatures. He noticed something different about the bull. The bull was had a dark savage aura around it and from the size of its teeth, Michael knew that the bull was no grass munching fellow.

"Activate soul sword"

The beast rushed towards Micheal, it was surprisingly fast.

Michael dodged it but it managed to leave a scratch on him.

The beast humphed and rushed again at Michael.

Michael slashed his sword against its horn and it cleaved it right away. Both beast and human were astonished at the sharpness of the sword.

[Because host has successfully weakened his first opponent, the first form of the soul sword has been unlocked]

Michael this time did not wait for the best to rush at him, while moving towards the beast, he cast his new skill.

"Soul sword first form – revealing all falsehoods!"

A white light flew from the sword and formed another sword, the newly formed sword passed through the beast and it dropped dead.

"Wow, this sword skill is fantastic"

The system gave off its notifications.

[Host has defeated a low tier demon beast. 5 battle points won]

[Host has unlocked stat points, 10  points gained]

[Host has been rewarded with extra 10 stat points for killing a new demon beast]

[New main mission: slay 50 low tier demons or 10 middle tier beasts to gain the title of demon Hunter]

Michael was very happy when he saw his rewards.
"This system gets much better and better every time. Let's go slay some demon beasts"