The Sorting Ceremony

(Y/N POV)
Suddenly, we heard a voice. But that voice made my blood boil.

"So it's true then. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." We turned around to find Malfoy leaning on a staircase handle.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle." He pointed at the two big boys. Man, I haven't seen anyone that size.

Then Malfoy walked to the front of Harry. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Me and Ron looked at each other then tried to hide our laughter. Keyword: tried.

Malfoy then looked at Ron. "You think my names funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley." He said with a smirk.

"And you," Malfoy pointed at me. "I don't need to ask yours too, (Y/N) (L/N)."

"Oh thank God you remembered me. I thought you have forgotten me. I was about to assume you have amnesia, Draco." I shot back with venom in my voice when I said his name.

Ron is trying to contain his laughter while Harry is smiling. I saw the look on Draco's face. He was glaring at me.

Draco then turned to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want making friends with the wrong sort."

" I can help you there." Malfoy said as he held out his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry just looked at his hand. Then he said, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself."

I smirked knowing Malfoy is embarrassed. He was about to say something when he felt something tap his shoulder. He turned around and saw Professor McGonagall with a stern face. (I know her because dad told me about her.)

Malfoy gave Harry one last look before going back to where he was standing before, beside Crabbe and Goyle.

"We're ready for all of you now. Follow me." says Professor McGonagall as we walked to a place with a big door opening for us.

As we enter the hall, I was looking around with amazement. We walked through the sea of students while they look at us.

"It's not really a ceiling, it's just bewitched to look just like the sky outside. I've read abou kt at-" I cutted her off.

"Hogwarts: A History, right?" I asked as I looked behind me to look at Hermione. She smiles and nods. I smiled at her too and looked at the front again to see Professor McGonagall placing a stool in front of the hall and place a old hat on it.

The hat twitched. Then a rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth. Then it started to sing.

'Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Yor top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see

So try me on and I will tell you,
Where you ought to be.

You might belong to Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart.

You might belong to Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil