The Norwegian Ridgeback

(3rd POV)

Quirell is braver than they thought. True, he was getting paler and thinner from the past weeks, but it looks like he'd crack anytime now.

Every time the Quartet pass the third-floor, Harry, Ron, (Y/N) and Hermione would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape has his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. But the others didn't know that (Y/N) was always sneaking every night ,with the help of the Disillusionment charm, to sneak up on Quirell. But every time he is close to finding out something, the charm starts to come off.

Hermione, on the other hand, has something more in her mind than the Philosopher's Stone. She had started drawing up revision timetables and color-coding all her notes. (Y/N) had joined Hermione in this, only because Hermione literally dragged him into this, much to his laziness' dismay.

"Hermione the exams are ages away!" Said Ron.

"Ten weeks," Hermione snapped. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicholas Flamel."

"But we're not six hundred years old." Ron said. "Anyway, what are you revising for, you already know it all."

"What am I revising for? Are you mad? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important. I should have started studying a month ago. I don't know what's gotten into me... and focus (Y/N)!" Hermione said as (Y/N) was drawing something.

"Gosh 'Mione, are you like this in the Muggle world too?" He asked with a bored tone.

Hermione glared at him.

"Okay I'll stop." He said.

Unfortunately, the teachers seemed to agree to this too. They gave so much homework on them that the Easter holidays weren't as much fun as the Christmas ones. It was hard to relax when you hear Hermione reciting the twelve of dragon's blood or practicing wand movements. (Y/N) gave up on being lazy and spent most of his free time in the library, studying. Harry and Ron also spent their most of their free time in the library, getting through with all of their extra work.

"I'll never remember this.." Ron burst out one afternoon, dropping his quill and yawning.

"Well, you just have to bear it. It's a do-or-get-wrecked situation for me. We have to survive..." (Y/N) said while turning the pages of his copy of his Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

"And how is this a do-or-get-wrecked situation for you?" asked Hermione.

(Y/N) closed his book then faces Hermione.

"First, I have to pass these exams so I can move up to second year. Second, I don't want to get into much trouble or dad will lecture me for 4 hours straight about staying out of trouble when I go back home. And lastly, I don't to get lectured by you." (Y/N) counted on his fingers as he says this.

(Damn, wait till you find out your father is a troublemaker too, Y/N)

Hermione was about to reply when Ron exclaimed, "Hagrid! What are you doing here?"

Harry, who wasn't paying attention and reading his copy One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, looked up from his book and looked at the direction to where Hagrid is. He was hiding something behind his back.

"Jus' lookin'" Hagrid replied with shifty voice in which it got the Quartet's interest. "An' what're you lot up ter?" He suddenly became suspicious. "Yer still not lookin' fer Nicholas Flamel, are yeh?"

"Oh, we found out who he is ages ago. At least (Y/N) did." Ron said while looking at (Y/N) as he smiles awkwardly. "And we know what that dog's guarding, it's a Philosopher's St-" Ron was cutted off by (Y/N) placing his hand on his mouth.