Christmas Break

(Y/N POV)
Christmas was coming. One morning in mid December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs to follow Quirell around.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. The Great Hall, the dungeons and the common room became icy and bitter wind that goes through the windows.

"I do feel sorry," Malfoy said in one of the Potion class. "For those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

He was referring to Harry as Crabbe and Goyle snickered. Then I got a fantastic idea.

"I do feel sorry, for those people who have to go home and be a nuisance as their gift to their parents." I snapped back.

Ron and Harry tried to hold back their laughter as Hermione smiled slightly while Draco glared at me. I just rolled my eyes at him and went back to work.

Well, it was true that Harry wasn't going back to Privet Drive for Christmas. Professional McGonagall came around last week, making a list of students who will be staying at Hogqarts for the holidays. Me and my family originally planned to spend Christmas together but Dad suddenly gave me a letter the day before Professor  McGonagall went around saying that we might not be able to spend Christmas together. He said that he is sorry for making me stay at Hogwarts. But he assured me that Christmas at Hogwarts is a wonderful experience.

Ron and his brothers are staying too. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were going to Romania to visit big bro Charlie. Me and Charlie are practically like brothers. Although, I'm the only person who he told to.

We have been searching for Flamel's name ever since Hagrid had let it slip. The trouble was, it's very hard to know where to begin. Well... I know for a fact what Nicholas Flamel is known for... but I want them to find out for themselves. And for the record, Flamel isn't on Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century, Notable Magical Names of Our Time, Important Modern Magical Discoveries, and A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry.

'We won't find him on those books... he's a very old guy...' I thought as I search through the shelves.

I saw Harry wandered over to the Restricted section. You need a specially signed note from one of the teachers to look in any of the restricted books.

"What are you looking for, boy?" Madame Pince asked. She's the librarian here at Hogwarts.

'Nothing.' Harry told her.

Harry, mate, you just said a wrong answer.

"You'd better get out, then. Go on - out!" Madame Pince shouted at him as Harry left the library.

Eventually, me and the other two went out of the library without any luck.

The day has come for those people who would be going home for the holidays has arrived. This day is making me sad. Why? Because Hermione is one of the people who would go home for the holidays. Arghhhh, it just sucks with her not being here.

Anyways, me, Harry and Ron are at the Great Hall. Harry and Ron were playing wizards chess while I was just watching.

"Knight to E5." Harry ordered to the knight as it moved to E5.

Ron smirked at this as I just face palmed.

"Wrong move mate." I said to Harry.

"Queen to E5." Ron ordered to the queen.

The queen rose up from her chair and smashed the knight using the chair.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck while I just smiled at the familiar warmth.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaimed as she places her chin on my head.

"That's wizard's chess." Ron said, grinning. "I see you've packed." He added.

"I see you haven't." Hermione replied.

I snickered at her reply. Man, she's really cute with her bossy tone. I felt Hermione smile on my head.

"You haven't told them (Y/N)?" Ron asked.

"Nope. I thought you already told them." I replied while rubbing my hands together. Man, it's really cold.

"Nevermind that. We have a change of plans. My parents are going to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there." He said.

"Good, you can help Harry and (Y/N) then." She said as she removes her arms around me in which, upsets me.

"They're going to look in the library, to look for information on Nicholas Flamel." Hermione added.

"We've looked for a hundred times already." Me and Ron complained.

Hermione leaned down and whispered,

"Not in the restricted section."

"Happy Christmas

"Happy Christmas."

"Hey 'Mione, wait up!" I shouted as I watched up to her.

It has been my habit to call her 'Mione already. I mean the nickname's cute tho. We reached the station where all the students are there to go to the train.

"Arghhhh, it sucks without you being here 'Mione." I said to her outside the train while it's  still not departing.

"You'll be alright (Y/N). Besides, you've got Harry and Ron here." She said.

"But still! It's not the same without you..." I said as I pocketed my hands to keep me warm.

Hermione sighed.

"(Y/N) look at me." She ordered with a bossy tone.

I looked at her chocolate brown eyes as she looked at my (E/C) eyes.

"You'll be fine. Just enjoy your time here." She said with a very cute smile.

I blushed as I smiled at her too.

Suddenly, the train whistled, signalling that it was leaving.

"You better go now. You don't want to be left by the train eh?" I said while smirking at her.

"You better write to me." She said, getting serious.

"Of course I'll write. Why wouldn't I?" I said.

She runs away towards the train but suddenly stopped and runs back to me.

"Hey 'Mione! What's wrong? You forgot something?" I asked her as she gets closer.

"Actually I did." She said, smiling.

"Oh? What is it? I'll get it from the castle for you." I said, fixing my jacket.

"This."

Hermione suddenly stood on her toes as she hugs me tightly. She then runs away towards the train shouting while waving,

"Merry Christmas (Y/N)!" Then the train left.

I just stood there, feeling warm and a little fuzzy. I then grinned at myself.

"Best day ever."