Chapter 1: As the leaves turn golden

Authors note: Before we get into chapter 1, I'd like to say that I hope you like the story line and this chapter. This story already means a lot to me and that's because Twilight is a huge part of my life, it has helped me in so many ways. Anyway I hope you enjoy, please Vote and Comment if you love my story :)

-

~ Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire. I favour those who favor fire. - Robert Frost ~

-

Friday. I woke up to the sound of rain on my roof and windows. It was raining once again in Forks, Washington. But it's nothing new, in fact I was quite used to it by now seeing as I've lived here for a few months. Dad had already gone to work so I was left all alone, as usual. I opened the blinds to see the dark clouds above, it wasn't helping my mood improve. I changed into some clothes that looked suitable and quickly had breakfast before driving to school in my car.

As the car screeched to a stop, I looked around to see the leaves on the trees turning golden and brown. It was almost Halloween.

After slamming the car door shut, I prepared myself for another boring day at school. I noticed a particular boy with pale skin and golden hair staring at me from across the parking lot, but I shook it off. For who would ever purposely look at me?

Hours had soon passed and In the blink of an eye, I was already sitting at my table near the window in the cafeteria. I had my nose into my favourite book and I was almost at chapter three when I noticed that the cafeteria was packed out with people.

Trying not to get nervous I continued reading, trying to ignore all the noise around me. My palms soon started to sweat due to my social anxiety. Why does this always have to happen to me..

I hardly noticed when 2 people came up to my table and sat on the empty chairs in front of me.

'Hi' said a cheerful voice. I looked up from my book and almost died of a shock. The Cullens. What do the cullens want with me? Unless they're here to make fun of me or something..

I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled shyly at them.

'Hi my name is Alice, this is Jasper' said Alice cheerfully. 'Nice to meet you both, I'm y/n' I said with a smile. 'It's nice to meet you too, Are you new to town?' asked Alice.

'Yes actually, I moved here a few months ago' I said, going a little shy again.

'How do you like it?' said Alice.

'It's nice.. But very rainy' I said with a laugh.

'You don't like the rain?' asked Jasper.

He was looking at me with interest, his eyes a golden brown.. they were very hypnotising. I blushed at his sudden deep voice, he seemed to notice and smirk a little.

'I do but I'm not very used to it' I said. Jasper nodded, half grinning.

Something changed in that moment and I think they could notice it too, it was like I was an open book and they could read me so easily.

Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to ask them why they came to talk to me.

'This is going to sound so rude.. But no one ever talks to me.. I mean... well..'- 'We just wanted to make friends, we thought you could use some company' said Alice, a warm smile on her face.

I nodded, emmbrassed by my rambling. Suddenly I felt calmness wash through me and I had no idea where it had come from.

'It was nice speaking to you y/n, I'm sure we'll see you soon' said Alice suddenly.