Prolouge

Prologue:

In October of 1989 on the first day and the twelfth hour forty-three women gave birth. Hover, it was odd because when the day started they weren’t pregnant. Eccentric billionaire Sir Reinald Hargreeves set out to adopt as many of these children as possible. He got seven… Yet, when the seven children grew up and left. Sir Reginald had a plan to exact the perfect superhuman. He created a little girl. With test tubes of blood, he had kept from his seven children.  She kept to herself harnessing her abilities. Until the day came to execute his next plan. She was a child locked in a laboratory until the day her last sibling left. The day she left the room for the first tie was the day she was no longer just Number Eight. Catching her siblings near her could cause more than the world ending. Existence as they know it could vanish from every planet within reach. So the day she was told to stay in her room was the day she knew something was wrong.

Although his children grew and began to create their powers and personalities, less likely to bend at his will. Briefly able to bring certain things to his ears, without disrupting his practicing. Each one of his adoptive children grew up eventually. Therefore Sir Reginald Hargreeves began to create, after only one of his children remained he sent him off. Simultaneity testing his experiment in which he had been longing to do for years. Immediately executing this experiment. Flowing through his veins was just enough adrenaline to finish the last test. The last drop of crimson liquid dripped onto the white towel balanced upon two empty vials. 

Reginald Hargreeves first son was the only one left when the time came to execute his years of long hard work. Accordingly to his plans Sir Hargreaves sent him to the moon. Consequently his first son had accidentally injured himself during an important mission. Hence the lie of keeping him safe during the so-called moon mission. Hargreeves hadn’t had much time left on earth after creating his new lab rat. Training every second with his new creation, until the time came. Meet Number Eight or Layla Hargreeves.

First Published:November 4th,2020
Updated: August 1st, 2022
Word Count: 384