(she) I

{In the beginning there was a beautiful point where she thought they could stand a chance}

It's a marvelous blue skied day when Mrs. Hence rearranges the seating chart. She's a kind enough teacher, still pertaining her youth with mirth filled eyes and knowing smiles. When she turns, the beads of her librarian-esque glasses sway ever so slightly.

She puts them in pairs, based on their 'in-class' personalities. (No, she doesn't get paired up with him. that would have been too easy.) It's a girl named Beth, and the mutual respect of keeping out of each other's way is confirmed when she slips an ear-bud blasting Green Day in her ear.

But he does sit to the right of her, and that's all it takes.

The air of awkwardness accompanies has them in a choke-hold. They both don't know the people next to them and the impending silence only gets louder.

"Hey."

"Hi."

A nervous laugh escapes them both.

"The front always sucks, doesn't it?"

"Says the unofficial teacher's pet."

He shrugs.

"Pop quiz in Smith's English."

"Gosh the term 'pop quiz' repulses me. And I don't have that class, doorbell, but thanks for the heads-up."

"Sorry, Miss Perfect, I forgot you were too smart for that class. And I think you mean dumbbell."

"No, I meant doorbell, you doorbell."

Somehow, unknowingly, a relationship builds after this.

a/n: this is my first story on this account and you might think that this is a vapid story with no interesting plot. but if you still want to hang around after this, thank you and hopefully this will get more interesting. ok bye and thanks for reading, it's greatly appreciated.