(he) VI

The bell rings to signify the end of class.

As she's trying to shove to everything into her bag all at once, something clatters to the ground.

"What's this?" he asks picking up the square object.

It's a CD case adorning bold blue letters that spelled 'Wombat the Third'.

He raises an eyebrow. 

The barrenness of the classroom reminds them of how late they're going to be.

"Keep it!" she yells over her shoulder, trying not to trip down the stairs.

☂☂☂

They've started studying together.

Well, not by any formal means, but they show up at the library at same time, and usually end up sitting together, which is good enough as is.

There's not much talking, just the occasional rustle of page turning. But she takes a small box out of her bag filled with lollipops, and they sit there in peace.

He always grabs a green one as she always grabs a blue one. (He has no idea how she's been supplying the green apple flavored ones because he probably has three in one sitting)

He likes this. A lot. Their silence isn't one out of emptiness anymore, just comfort.

One day he offers her an ear-bud and she complies while they both listen to Wombat the Third (which Mira has totally not gotten him into, it's just a mere coincidence)

They're sitting on a window seat, their scuffed oxfords and worn converse meeting in the middle. The dark sky produces a bluish glow, making her hair look navy and skin look ivory. He looks over to the girl bobbing her head in time to the music, her dark hair coming undone from a loose clip. An amused smile forms on his lips. 

He doesn't hear the librarian go, 'what a nice looking couple' to the person shelving books with her, completely ignoring the fact that their feet weren't supposed to be on the plush seating.  

She catches him staring and gives him a weird look, flicking him on the forehead for good measure. Lazily, he gets back to reading his textbook, trying to get the scent of citrus out of his head.

a/n: the fictional band 'wombat the third' is the equivalent to neutral milk hotel if you were wondering :))