10: Grimmel Strikes

OMG!!!

I haven't updated this book in nearly half a year! Ugh, wtf man.

Anyways, I'm back (for now) with another chapter.

Enjoy.

******************************************

The next day I woke up slowly stretching and yawning. Last nights events brought a smile to my face then I fell back on my bed and giggled like a schoolgirl with a crush. I smiled holding my burning cheeks. "Leo's so amazing! I can't wait to tell Hiccup and-!"

Wait.

I sat up at my breath and heartbeat began to speed up. "Hiccup. I'm not with him right now. I left him to deal with Grimmel!" A flash of a caught Toothless and a badly hurt Hiccup flashed before my eyes. "No! What was I thinking going on a solo journey at a time like this?! Im so selfish!" I scurried out of my bed grabbing my armor, sword and what not I had came here with on. I put everything on then ran to the dining hall.

"Angel!" I tripped but caught myself. I busted down the doors. "Angel! We're going back to Berk now!" I panted.

"Whoa, darling, what's the sudden rush?" mom asked coming over to me. Sparks and Angel looked up at me with a cocked head. "I'm so sorry mom but Angel and I have to leave. I can't believe I even came in the first place. Come on, Angel." I walked pass mom and Angel but did a let's go motion to Angel. Her ears fell and she went to go hide behind my mom. "What? What are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes at Angel and she whimpered then barked. "I think Angel believes that you guys should stay here," said mom.

I looked at them shocked but then shook it off. "Angel? Let's go. We have to go back to Berk! Hiccup and Toothless needs us." Angel didn't move so I got a little mad. "Angel, get over here right NOW!!!" She yelped but then came over. Sparks had jumped. I was shocked I yelled. "Sorry, but we have to help them," I said putting some stuff onto her. She honestly just ignored me turning the other way with a sour look on her face. I sighed.

"I'm not gonna stop you but..." I heard Mom walk closer to me and put her hand on my shoulder making me look back at her. "You belong here Kaida, with your people as their cheiftress. They need you. I just wish you could understand that."

Mom stepped back from me. Sparks whined. I looked down thinking for a quick second but then jumped onto Angel. Angel wasn't very happy with me so she kind of fidgeted. "Come on girl," I said. I tapped her but Angel shook off my touch; still mad.

Angel opened her wings and took off through the opened doors. As we were leaving though, I was able to see Leo watching us leave with a broken expression. The flowers he held dropped to the floor as he called my name softly and Ace whimpered seeing his mate leave once again. Angel wanted to answer him back and go back but I tapped then stopped her making Angel snort.

I looked over the village as Angel flew to the exit. A tear fell from my eye remembering how sad Leo was and how I was abandoning my people. Berk needed me though; right?

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

During the whole flight, it was silent between my dragon and I. She had a sour look on her face while I had a guilty look.

A young Kaida tried to pick up her father's sword but failed. "Whoa! Oof!" She fell on her behind and giggled while her parents laughed at her.

"Careful sweetie, you're not old enough to handle this yet," said her father taking the sword and swinging it. Kaida stared in awe at his moves while her eyes sparkled. "You're so amazing daddy!" she said. Derwin looked to his daughter and ruffled her hair then picked her up. He carried her and walked through the village doing chief things.