13: Years Later

Hello!

Last chapter!

Enjoy.

********************************************

Third person POV

I walked through my hut packing my bags. Yep, you heard right. I was leaving. I thought long and hard about this decision and decided to follow my mom advice and be with my people and lead them. While packing, I came across the plushie that Hiccup made me when I was younger. I smiled picking it up. I looked at it for a while. I saw a small wet spot on it then another.

I wiped my tears then stuffed the plushie into my bag with my other stuff. I looked around my now empty hut.

A young Kaida and Hiccup ran through Hiccup's house chasing each other laughing. "Can't catch me Hic!" taunted Kaida. "Yeah , I can Kay!" He chased her some more and they ran around their parents. They both smiled at the little kids running around playing. Then they both realized something.

"Hey! I thought we told you guys to go to sleep!" stated Aron. Kaida and Hiccup froze then looked at each other. "Uh oh."

"How about-"

"Run!!!" Both kids dashed off laughing. "Get back here you two!" said Stoick. They had to chase the kids through the house, playing with them unintentionally until they finally caught them both. "Wow, you two have more energy than I did when I was a kid!" stated Stoick. The two men carried the kids to bed while they declared they weren't sleepy. They tucked them in, wished them a good night sleep then left. Kaida snuggled her plushie as Hiccup did the same. She then turned to him. She tapped his shoulder. "You sleep?"

Hiccup turned to her. "No." She giggled then looked down at her plushie. "Hey Hiccup, I was wondering... will we always be together?"she asked. "Of course Kaida!" He hugged her affectionately. "I would never leave you, I'll always be there by your side, I promise! I love you Kay!"

Kaida smiled and hugged him back. "I love you too and I promise as well!"

I now stood on the outside of Hiccup's and Astrid's hut. I went inside quietly with a soft smile on my face. It was pretty dark except for the few candles that lit up the other side of the hut. I went over to that side carefully and quietly noticing Hiccup was asleep on the table.

I giggled. "Oh peg leg." I shook my head then took notice of the title of the paper he was laying on. "Hmm??" I came closer and looked. "New plans for Berk's future?" I looked at a few more papers near him to see he's really trying his hardest to make Berk amazing. I smiled. "That's Hiccup for you." I looked around again only to gasp a bit. I reached out to the flimsy paper pinned on the wall.

I ran my fingers over the rough edges. It was a picture Hiccup and I drew once we became friends. It was such a simple silly picture but it held so much meaning to us. "You still have it." I said amazed. I looked at his sleeping figure his steady breath was all you heard for a second. I put the paper down slowly feeling my eyes getting teary and I smiled sadly. I ran my hand through his hair making him move a bit, of course, but he seemed unbothered. I put the letter I made right next to the drawing. I leaned down then gave him a light kiss on his head. 

"See you later peg leg, till we meet again." He somewhat leaned into my touch. I gave him one last little pat then I left glancing back a bit.

It was a heavy decision to make but I believe I made the right one.

A tear fell but I wiped it coming into the woods. There I saw my dad, he's coming as well. He didn't want to let me leave without him and wanted to make sure he was by my side. Floss and an excited Angel was back as well. She hopped over to me covering me with love. I laughed and got up. "Nice to see you again too girl," I said petting her. Dad took my bags then put them on Angel. He then got onto Floss. "Ready?"