Chapter 12 ~Surprise~

FINALLY IM POSTING THIS CHAPTER OML-
Okay sorry for the wait I've just been too busy simping over too many people-
I've become such a big simp in the past few weeks like I legit cried because I realized I have no chance with the person I like and I should just give up trying 😀👍🏽

Enough of my sad life story- I just realized how I switch from normal to bold in every chapter and I think it's weird-

Anyways here's the chapter for today I hope you guys enjoy it~

————————————————————————————————————————————-

Kuroo and Sakura took the lead while Kenma and I followed behind. I wonder what the surprise was. Suddenly Kuroo and Sakura stopped in front of a Arcade Cafe

Kuroo: "We're here!"

You: "What is this place?"

Kenma: "It's an Arcade Cafe. It's basically a cafe but with an arcade inside as well."

Sakura: "It's super fun and we thought you would love it!"

You: "Let me guess, this was Kenma's idea." You said while laughing a bit.

Kuroo and Sakura started laughing and Kenma was blushing. You all walked inside and the smell of fresh baked goods hit you.

Kenma: "Are you going to order anything y/n?"

You: "I might just get a hot chocolate."

I ordered my  hot chocolate and went to sit down at a booth. Kuroo and Sakura got their own booth since they were going to be flirting with each other basically for the whole entire time. Kenma ordered an apple pie and sat across from me.

I could tell he was a bit nervous about something but I couldn't tell what it was. After I finished drinking my hot chocolate I put the mug down and turned to the arcade side of the cafe.

You: "Hey Kenma, do you mind if I go to the arcade?"

Kenma: "Oh it's fine I'll just meet you there once I'm done."

You: "Alright!"

I got up and walked to the arcade. I went to a Mario Cart game first. I was struggling a bit to get first place since I hadn't played this game in a while. After a while of just getting 3rd or 4th place Kenma came up to me.

You: "Darn it, I can't get to first place."

Kenma: "Need some help?"

You: "Yeah."

Kenma stood behind me and put his hands on mine. At this point I was a blushing mess. Kenma helped me to finally get first place in the game and he actually gave me some tips on how to make it easier to win. We played way more games before it started to get late and we had to get home. Kenma offered to walk me home since we lived close to each other and of course I said yes (who would turn that offer down 🙄🤚🏽).

Kenma's POV:

As y/n and I were walking I felt the awkward silence coming again so I decided to tell her some jokes to ease the moment. Seeing her laugh and smile made my day even better. I never liked seeing her sad or upset so I would try my best to keep that smile of hers on her face for as long as I could.

I know it sounds stupid but I feel like y/n is the love of my life at the moment. I went from barely knowing about her to falling in love with her. I never thought I would ever feel this way towards someone again but with y/n I feel like I can let my guard down for once.

We got to her house and this is where we had to say goodbye. I know I can always just see her tomorrow but I really wish the night didn't have to end so soon. Then I remembered that I had to ask her something.

Kenma: "Hey y/n....can I ask you something...?"

Y/n: "Hm? Yeah sure what is it?"

Kenma: "Well first I just wanted to tell you that I love you.....and I love seeing you smile and laugh and I honestly think you're perfect....

Y/n: "...?"

Kenma: I took a deep breath and finally asked her "Y/n, will you be my girlfriend...?"

Y/n's POV:

I took a moment to process what was happening. Did he really just ask that? Am I dreaming? I looked at Kenma and he was fiddling with his fingers waiting for an answer.

Y/n: "Wait really?!"

Kenma slowly nodded and looked down.

Kenma: "It's fine if you don't say ye-"

(*Me trying not to make this cringey*) I cut Kenma off with a kiss on the lips but then finally pulled away.

Y/n: "I would love to be your girlfriend!"

Kenma stood there shocked a bit but then he smiled. Then all of a sudden my parents appeared in the door way.

Mom: "Aw that was adorable"

Dad: "Who is this boy y/n-?"

Y/n: "Oh lord, Kenma you better get out of here before they start questioning you like the FBI."

Kenma: "A-alright..I'll see you tomorrow then."

Kenma waved goodbye and I pushed my parents back into the house. The whole night they asked you questions about Kenma and of course you had to answer them all or else they would never stop bugging you.

Mom: "He seems like a nice young man y/n."

Dad: "I don't trust you around boys anymore after what happened with the last one.."

Did I hear that right? I was at the edge of my seat when my father said that. Suddenly I snapped...

Y/n "KENMA ISNT LIKE HARU, HE'S SUCH A GENTLE AND KIND PERSON HOW COULD YOU COMPARE HIM TO A DICK LIKE HARU?!?"

Dad: "Watch your tone young lady."

Mom: "You're being ridiculous, kenma looks like he wouldn't hurt y/n. The first time I met him he was a gentleman, so don't go making assumptions on a boy you didn't meet yet."

I was happy that my mom stood up for me but that doesn't excuse the fact that my father brought up Haru. I never wanted to hear his name come out of anyone's mouth ever again.

I went up to my room and finished my homework then got ready for bed. As I was lying there on my bed staring at the ceiling I felt a rush of excitement and happiness come over me since I got to call Kenma my official boyfriend. I couldn't wait for tomorrow to tell Sakura everything.

Soon after I fell asleep thinking about how tomorrow would go.

————————————————————————————————————————————

I FINISHED A CHAPTER YUHHH

YOU GUYS DONT KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM SCREEEEE

there was a bunch of procrastination while writing this chapter but I'm just happy that I actually finished it and I can finally publish a real chapter. Again sorry for the wait I just had to gain motivation again but I think I'm pretty done with this story, I don't have anything that I want to add. Maybe a couple short stories in the future but that's it.

I think there's gonna be one more chapter after this one unless I have more ideas so don't be surprised if I actually do post another chapter.

I kinda switched up my writing style, like I used to write the paragraphs in bold and what they were saying normally but now I'm just gonna use the old for the Author's note and ending note.

Alright I hope you guys enjoyed today's chapter~🦋✨