Chapter 12

Avery's pov

I can take care of myself, I don't need to be protected all the time. Besides, I lived on the Isle for goodness sake, I think I know how to take of myself. While I admire his protective nature sometimes it gets annoying. I went to meet up with Una in our dorm room. "Hey," I called out to Una. "Hey, Ave" Una told me before we walked to our dorm room. "Anything exciting happened, not much but With Henry's over protective nature" I told her annoyed. "It must mean it was for a good reason" Una said we made it inside the room. "I know but I can still take care of myself and if I do get hurt its apart of life but I'll know I'll be alright in the long run" I told her. We started to do our home work when Janelle came in. "Mom said If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Janelle told us/asked us. "Auradon" Una told her. "I'll never get a boyfriend" Janelle told them dramatically. "Boyfriends are overrated" Una told her. "And how would you know, you never had one, Una" I told her. "It's 'cause I don't need one, Ave. They're a waste of time" Una replied back.

Meanwhile on the bench, Henry was talking to Coach Jenkins.

Henry's Pov

"I could really use a tough guy like you. The team's a bunch of princes, If you know what I mean" Coach told me. "You're telling me. It's all, "after you, old chum." Oh, pardon me, did I bump into you?" I told him while making him chuckle. "Where I come from the only way to survive is to make sure no one betrays always watching your back. My father used to say watch out for those who can betray when you give them an opportunity to do so" I told him. "Henry! Let me explain what a team is, Uh, It's like a family" Coach told me while I thought about the time when I was younger when It was only Liam and I. I was only 5 when My grandparents came by the only thing I remember was my grandparents yelling to my parents about how disappointed they were. Mom and dad thought we were asleep but I could sleep due to the yelling. Liam although he was awake he didn't remember because he was too young when it happened. I got unlucky but at the same time Lucky because my siblings didn't have to hear it. That was the last time they came by although Maleficent came by when I was two and 4 but that was all. I tried to avoid them when I can when I am out and about. I never even met my grand father on my mom's side. "You do not want to be at dinner with my grandparents" I told him. But I kinda got it with my mom, dad and my siblings at least I think I got.

"Okay, okay, um... You know how a body has a lot of different parts? The legs, elbows, ears. But they all need each other. Well, that's what a team is... different players who work together to win. Make any sense?" Coach told me while I nodded. "Can I be the fist?" I asked while smirking.

After a talked with the coach. I made my way to the girl's bedroom to show off my jersey. "Check it out!" I called out as I went into the room. "Did you come up with a planned to get the wand?" Una asked me which made me frowned. "Right! Let's get planing" I told them. I can't believe I got distracted. 'Idiot' I thought while smacking my forehead. "This place is a curse, I got distracted with this place" I told them before groaning. "Its ok, all of us got distracted" Avery told me while comforted me. "Thanks, Ave but this is my sister, we're Auradon made lose track of what's really important" I told her. "Hey guys, what's wrong?" Aaron asked when he just walked in from hanging out with Arianna. "Where were you, I haven't seen you today?" Avery asked curious. "I was hanging out with Arianna, she's actually pretty cool besides She's stressed about her coronation and how bad a queen she'll be but I told her that she'll be great" Aaron told them.

"Are you interested in her?" Avery asked curious about her little brother. "What!? What made you get that idea besides we just met, I want to get to know first before I start thinking about dating" Aaron told them with a faint blush while closing the door. "If you say so" Avery said while shrugging. "We need a plan to get the wand" I told him. "Why don't we just try again?" Aaron asked while sitting down on the ground in front of Avery's bed. "No, its too soon" I told him. "I miss home," I told them out of nowhere. "And we can't even make a planned. I bet would be able to make a plan" I told them softely. "We'll come up with a plan, it'll just take some time, right guys?" Ave asked towards the others. "Right," the two called out. "Thanks guys" I told them. "Is it just me or did you just thanked for the first time!" Ave said awhile gasping in shocked. "Shut up" I told her while pushing her softly away. She just laughed it off with the others following her. "I don't if this will help you but I heard from Diego in math class that they going to bring out the wand for Arianna's coronation next month" Una told me which helped me come up with a planned.

When suddenly the door knocked. "Hold that thought" I told her. "Hi, guys,, I didn't see you guys today besides Aaron. I was just wondering If you guys had any questions or anything... That... you needed" she asked us. "I looked at my crew while Aaron went to the door to say hello. "Not that I know of" Aaron told her. "Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh..." Arianna told us awkwardly. "Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" I asked curious. "Yeah, the whole school goes" She replied. "Ok, thank you" I told her before going back to my spell book to get rid anything I didn't like about the spell book and make it my own or just create a new spell book for me and give it to my mom. "So, Aria, do you want to get some dinner with us tonight so you can get to know the other vks?" Aaron asked while Ave smirked quietly to herself but I knew her better then I know myself. She planning something. "I love too, I can bring my friends too so they can get to know your friends" Arianna told him. "Yeah, I like that" Aaron told her. "I'll see you later" Arianna told him while waving goodbye before turning around and walked down the hall. "Somebody got a crush" Ave teasing her brother. "Its only been the second day, give me some time to get to know her" Aaron told her while faintly blushed. "Well, we got to get going we'll see you two later" I told them before getting up. "Bye, boys" Ave told us while Una nodded.

For the rest of the night Aaron and I were exhausted or at least I was. Arianna's were super hyper talking so fast that I could barely understand not to mention Aaron was busying cosying up with Arianna or at least that what looks like to me. I just want to sleep for the rest of the night. I fell asleep as soon I fell down on the bed.