Chapter 17: Scav Attack.

Emerald Forest midnight.

"Hurry up man I wanna get to Vale before the Grimm come out." Said a man to another as they were escorting a carriage with supplies to Vale.

"You must remain calm Dusk." Said the other man who was tending to his daughter in the carriage. "It's only a few miles away."

"Right damn things are attracted to negative emotion" said another.

"Mr Oak I wanted to thank you again for escorting us to Vale." Said the father. "A lot of us are at ease knowing that there is a huntsman with us."

Mr Oak however wasn't listening as his focus was turned to the back of them.

"What's wrong Mr Oak?"

"Somethings following us." He said.

"Grimm?!" The father said worried.

"No, nor is it bandits it's something else entirely."

"What is it then."

"That's what I would like to know."

"You sure your not imagining things," said the driver. "there hasn't been any signs of life the past 20 mil-

The driver was cut off with a stone arrow planting itself into his skull.

"ITS AN AMBUSH!!!" Oak shouted. "Get your weapons.

The scene switched to a first person view of whatever is attacking them running down the branch of tree and jumping down on one of the men with a spear shrieking at him before it faded to black.

Meanwhile....

"Ms Rockwell, I truly was unaware of what would happen to the dust leaving Remnants atmosphere." Salem attempted to defuse the tension.

"I despise being swindled Salem, though you may be immortal, you should be well aware there are fates worse then death." Eleanor threatened her through the hologram.

Salem didn't take too kindly to being threatened but she was also well aware of the power Eleanor held.

"Perhaps there is something else that Remnant could offer you."

"What else could this shithole possibly offer me?"

Salem thought for a moment.

"The maidens."

"Maidens?"

"They are 4 guardians that possess magic power that could be very useful to the federation."

"And even if we could cyberize humans what's to say their power would vanish as well?" Eleanor narrowed her eyes.

"I'm afraid I made up my mind Salem once I arrive I will tear Remnant to pieces to see if there's anything worth salvaging."

"Commander Diaz!!" Shouted a fed scout. "We lost contact with the camp set up nor-Oh l-Lady Rockwell I-I am sorry I did not know you were,

"You'd better have very important news for interrupting me." Eleanor snarled.

"We lost contact with the northern outpost and none of the personal there have any vital signs showing."

"So Dunes raided another outpost none of my concern."

"That's the thing Lady Rockwell it wasn't Professor Ashley Dunes." The scout replied.

Eleanor then raised and eyebrow.