Chapter 10

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 16, 2020. How are y'all doing with online school, if you have it? I really love my math teacher, he's great. But my other teachers... I don't even know how to explain it. They explain what we already understand but don't explain what we need help on. It's complicated. Anyways, I love you with all my person, truly. Enjoy!

Y/n looks in the mirror, taking a deep breath. "Ok. First day of senior year. I've got this," she pep talks. "I look hot, right? Snatch up some guys?" She surveys her outfit. She took Jasper's flannel shirt and put it over some mom jeans, and a tight white shirt. She accesorized with some gold jewlery and a black belt. Her h/c hair was styled into a middle part beach wave.

 Her h/c hair was styled into a middle part beach wave

"Ok. I'm okay with this." She grabs her custom backpack and heads down the stairs.

M/n squeals. "Oh, baby you look so good! I want pictures!"

F/n comes rushing up too, with a camera. "Come on, pumpkin, please?" He pouts at her.

She groans and gives them a few different poses. "When you come home, we're going to take you out, okay? A celebratory dinner. By the way, who's shirt is that?"

"Um... a friend's."

Her parents grin at her. "Oh," they say with wiggling eyebrows.

Y/n smiles at them and grabs her keys, heading out into the crisp September air. She pulls out of the driveway and makes her way through the trees to the school. She finds an empty parking space beside her friend's car's.

She gets out and slings her bag over her shoulder. "Hey sisters!" She calls out. 

Their heads snap towards her. "Y/n!" Verity squeals, giving her a hug. 

"'Sup," Mac greets.

"My darling," Chris says with air kisses.

"Are you guys ready for this year?" Y/n asks nervously.

"Are you kidding? We run this school now. It's going to be so fun. And classes are apparently easier, the hardest part is Senior Project and applying to colleges. Speaking of, what is yours going to be on?" Verity asks. "Mine is going to be on minorities and working with charities that help them."

"Something about sports, probably," Mac says.

"LGBTQ+ resources," Chris says proudly.

Everyone looks at Y/n, "Um, I think I'm going to do it on writing workshops or something. I'm actually not to sure yet."

Verity nods. "I can help you look girl. What shirt is that-"

Suddenly, a large silver Jeep pulls into the parking lot. Everyone looks at the car as a group of people climb out. Jaws collectively drop as the new family climbs out.

Y/n drops her bag, but not for the reasons that the school thinks. "Jasper?!" She calls out. 

The Cullens turn around and flash her frantic looks.

Y/n's friend's look at her. "You... know them?" Mac asks.

"Um... yes, actually. I met them on a... trip with my family," Y/n lies on the spot. She glares at Jasper. "Just... give me a minute." She runs up to the car. 

"What the heck are you all doing here?" She whisper-yells.

"You knew about this!" Bella says.

"No, I didn't!"

"You didn't put it together that the 'new family' in town was us?" Jasper asks.

Y/n opens her mouth but no sound comes out. Jasper looks at her and smirks at his shirt. Rosalie peers around him. "Is that Jasper's shirt?" She says with a smirk.

Y/n rolls her eyes as Jasper puts an arm around her. An unfamiliar face appears from the car. "You must be Renesmee."

She smiles at her. "You must be Y/n. I've heard all about you." They warmly hug each other.

"Ok, so my cover story is that I-"

"You met us all on a road trip, we heard," Edward interjects. "Vampire hearing," he explains after Y/n looks at him weird.

"Ah." She looks around and see's everyone staring at them. "They're my friends, people, stop ogling them!" She calls out, rolling her eyes.

Bella and Rosalie snort, and Emmett high fives Y/n. "I told you I liked you, little sis."

Y/n blushes and walks back to her friend group. "Yeah, I met them a while ago."

"You seem pretty cozy with that Greek God of a blonde," Chris remarks with a wink.

"I-. Um, we may have had a fling. And kept in contact."

"And you never told us?!" Verity yells. "We're your best friends!"

"I didn't want this to happen! I knew you guys would go crazy!"

Verity sighs. "I'm not mad, I just feel betrayed. But whatever. You just have to fill me in."

Oh, god, Y/n swears in her mind, walking away arm-in-arm with Verity. She casts a glance at Jasper, who winks at her.

"So, it all began when..."