Chapter 18

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 24, 2020. Timothee Chalamet and Selena Gomez went live together and it is so wholesome. He has honestly been feeding us a lot of content lately and I'm so thankful for it. He's back in the country at Madison Square Garden. He was voting, actually. Reminder: VOTE NOW OR ON NOVEMBER 3RD! This is so important. Don't just vote for now, vote for the future.

Y/n sits down beside Jasper on the porch of his house. Cricket sounds echoe throughout the forest and light from the house shine over their shoulders. 

"That went really well," Y/n says, leaning her head on his shoulder. 

"I really like your parents," Jasper says. "They're very sweet people."

"They really liked you as well. Your manners were impeccable."

"I'm Southern, darling."

Y/n lifts her head and looks at Jasper's golden eyes, then to his supple pink lips. Drawing his face in with her hand, she kisses him softly, but then pulls him in hungrily. 

He grabs her shoulders in surprise, but melts into the kiss, softening his grip but holding her against him. They lose their finger's in each others hair.

Jasper stops kissing Y/n's lips, but instead trails kisses down her cheek to her jaw, and begins kissing up and down her neck. She feels him smirk against her skin.

Suddenly, the click of a camera is heard in the background. 

Their heads snap towards the doorway, where Emmett is standing with Polaroid camera. He flashes them a big grin and a thumbs up. "For the scrapbook!" He yells.

\--/

1 Week Later

Y/n grips the steering wheel of her Buggy as she drives down the now familiar route to Jasper's house. "I can't believe that they live in that huge mansion," F/n mutters from the backseat.

"They must be rich. Are they rich, Y/n?" M/n asks.

"I suppose. Carlisle and Esme gained a lot of inheritance," Y/n says. "You guys have to promise me you won't be weird."

"Were we weird with Jasper?"

"No, but I don't want being with his family to be any different." They pull up in the driveway. Y/n's parents look up at the house in awe.

They get out of the car. M/n walks up and smooths part of Y/n's hair, which is tucked back in a sleek ponytail. "You look stunning."

"Thank you, Mommy."

Y/n clops up the front steps, opening the door. Her parents look at her. "They always leave it open for me."

They step into the house. Y/n leads them through the hallway. "Carlisle? Esme? Jas? We're here!"

"In here!" Alice's voice rings out from the kitchen. Y/n steps inside the lavish kitchen and sees Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Alice cooking.

"Hi everyone!" Y/n gives hugs and comes back to her parents, who are standing awkwardly. "These are my parents, M/n and F/n."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. L/n," Alice says with a smile. 

Carlisle and Esme step out to shake their hands. "It's a pleasure to have you here," Carlisle says with his usual smolder.

"Where's Jasper?" 

Rosalie giggles. "The boys are having a horrible time trying to dress Jasper. Apparently they have never heard the term 'semi-formal.'"

Y/n rolls her eyes with a laugh. "I'm going to go find them. Make yourself at home!" She waves to her parents and heads up the stairs.

She finds Jasper's room and knocks, stepping in. Nobody is in there, but clothes are rapidly flying out of the closet. Her heels sink into the carpet as she turns to find Edward and Emmett on their knees digging through clothes, and Jasper is laying on the floor in nothing but boxers.

"Jeez, you guys are a mess," she says. Jasper's eyes shoot open and widen at Y/n. 

"You look gorgeous."

"Thank you."

Edward and Emmett whip around from the closet

Edward and Emmett whip around from the closet. She shrugs off her purse and sweater and goes over to the closet. "Move. I've got this."

They retreat from the closet as Y/n calmly selects a white t-shirt, blue trousers, and a matching blue blazer. Getting on her knees, she grabs his black loafers.

Standing back up, she tosses them at Jasper. He catches them with his lightning-fast reflexes. Their eyes lock, but Y/n is raking up his body in her peripheral vision. The tension between them is heavy, and Edward and Emmett can definitely feel it.

"Should we...should we go?" Edward asks awkwardly.

"No," Y/n says, finally pulling her eyes away from his. "Stay in here. He might need help getting dressed. It took you guys long enough to find clothes, who knows if he can find the holes for his arms."

With that, she leaves the room and trots down the stairs to find Bella and Renesmee in the kitchen. Y/n hugs them and pours herself some sparkling cider.

"So," she says with a smile. "Shall we get the party started?"