Chapter 21

A/n: Attention ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Today is October 27, 2020.  We are departing wherever in the world you are right now and heading to Volterra, Italy! Please fasten your seatbelts and get ready for takeoff.

Y/n slips into her heels. She stands up and wobbles a little bit. "My gosh, Verity. These are stripper shoes, not airplane boots." She looks in the mirror at herself. "Ok, but the backstory isn't inaccurate."

"You look beautiful," a voice says from behind her

"You look beautiful," a voice says from behind her. Y/n looks in the mirror and sees Jasper. She turns around to face him.

"Thank you. You look good, too." She notices he's fiddling with something in his fingers. "What's that?"

"I- I wanted to give you something," he says nervously. Jasper holds out his hands and presents a beautiful necklace. It has a silver chain with a gray-black charm hanging from it. Inside the charm is the Cullen crest. 

Y/n gasps. "Oh, it's beautiful! Jasper, why?"

"We need to stake our claims to you as a Cullen."

She beams at him and throws herself into his hug. "I love it so much," she says happily, turning around. His fingers reach up and delicately brush away the hair from her neck. Goosebumps pop up all over her skin. He reaches around and fastens the necklace around her neck.

\--/

"I love you all so much!" Y/n squeals to her parents. She pulls away from their hugs. "It's only 3 days. I'll be okay." She grabs her f/c suitcase out of the car and puts her trench coat on. Rain begins to sprinkle down.

"You look so cute! Just one picture!" M/n begs. Y/n groans and smiles at the camera with her suitcase. "Ok, I lied I want two more. One with Jasper and one with the rest of the Cullens. The rain will make it cute."

Y/n's eyes widen and she looks at Jasper. "I thought vampires couldn't be seen in photos?"

"That's a ghost," he corrects. 

"Ah."

He wraps his arm around her waist and smiles at the camera. Y/n beams and a few drops of water trickle down her face. "Okay, everybody in!" F/n calls out. The Cullens swarm around the couple and beam, some *cough emmett and bella* pull silly faces.

"Alright, we need to get going, Mom. The rain's getting heavy." Y/n says, giving them one last kiss. She waves goodbye and disappears into the large airport hand in hand with Jasper.

They register their tickets and Y/n takes a deep breath. "I almost expecting them to be fake," she whispers to Jasper, who chuckles in response. 

They make their way through security, where they are each scanned and patted down. Grabbing their suitcases again, they find their gate. Y/n checks the clock and sees that it reads 9:45

"Whew, if we were any later we might have missed it," Alice says.

"The plane leaves at 10:10, right?" Renesmee asks.

Alice nods. Y/n sits down in a leather seat facing the large glass windows. She pulls a rolled up blanket from her carry-on bag and throws it over herself. "Jas. I need a pillow."

He smirks and sits beside her. She smiles and places her head on his lap, curling up under the fuzzy blanket. 

He strokes her hair and watches as she drifts off to sleep. Jasper picks up on little things she does. Her cheek twitches, as if she wants to smile, and he can see her eyes moving around. Her hands reach up to his knee and she snuggles closer to him.

Jasper looks out the window and watches the rain streak down the window. He continues watching and loses track of time, then is jerked out of his trance by a flight attendant. "Attention ladies and gentlemen, Flight 112 will now be taking passengers in Gate 63. I repeat, Flight 112 will now be boarding from Gate 63."

Jasper looks down at Y/n. She's still happily asleep. Guiltily, he lightly shakes her awake. "Darling. It's time to board the plane. You can sleep there."

Y/n sleepily nods and stands up, rolling the blanket up again. Renesmee smiles brightly at her and runs up, wrapping an arm around her. "You ready, sis?"

"I'm about to board a plane from rainy Forks, Washington, to fly 13 hours to Volterra, Italy, where I will stay with a coven of bloodthirsty vampires. Yes, I'm totally ready!" 

Edward snickers behind her. "That's one way to look at it."

"No, Edward. That is literally what is happening," Y/n laughs.

They walk through the collapsibale tunnel and go through the door to the plane. Carlisle shows them their seats. They are all within the same row straight across the entire plane. "I call window seat!" Y/n says, slamming her butt down on the right side of the plane. "Jasper, sit down."

He laughs and settles into the leather seat. "Economy, Carlisle? Really?" Jasper jokes.

Carlisle smirks and shrugs.

Y/n pulls out her blanket, phone, and AirPods. "I'm going to introduce you to the wonderful world of f/a." F/a= favorite artist (music artist)

She gives Jas an AirPod and puts the other in her ear. She hits shuffle and watches Jasper's face as he hears f/a music for the first time. Y/n smiles brightly at him. 

Soon enough, the plane begins rocketing out of the runway and into the dark, rainy sky.