Chapter 17

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 23, 2020. There's this girl at my school named Sophia. She's a lesbian and I'm pansexual. I've always this small thing for her, but she started dating a good friend of mine, so I stepped back. Now that they've broken up and she's in my classes again, I can't stop thinking about her. I've been listening to Girl in Red and Sofia by Clairo AND THEN I HAD A DREAM ABOUT HER-

1 Week After Last Chapter

Aro sits perched atop his throne. Marcus's head is tilted back in exhaustion. Caius has rested his hand on his palm. His eyebrows are raised in an expectant way.

"Good lord, Aro, we're all tired and hungry," Marcus booms in his loud voice.

"Patience, dear brother," Aro lilts in his airy tone.

"It's just a girl!" Caius says.

Aro whips around. "Weren't you the one that was so insistent upon war with the Cullens all those years ago?" He calms down. "If they have a new addition, we shall meet her and make sure she fits our approval."

The doors to the throne room are thrown open by Jane, Alec, Demetri, and Felix. "My Lord," Jane says. "I have news from the Cullens."

Heidi teeters in, as well. "Here, I have a note." She hands it to Aro, who bows his head in thanks. yes a POTO referance

He unfolds the note delicately. His wild red eyes catch the Cullen Crest on the bottom.

"Dear Lord Aro," He begins reading.

"My name is Y/n L/n. I take it you've already heard of me, though. I am writing this because a vampire of yours, Jane, showed up at my house while I was in the bath to warn me that because of my relations to the Cullen family, I have to pick eternal life or death.

I'd very much like to finish high school, as I only have a few months left of it. I have made no decisions or even thought about it. I only just began dating Jasper yesterday. While that doesn't take away from my feelings for him, it also doesn't mean that I'm ready to commit the rest of eternity to him.

The plan we have come up with is at the end of the month my school gets a three day weekend. The Cullens and I will come to Italy and discuss plans with you. I can meet you and your fellow Kings and we can figure out an arrangement that pleases both of us.

Kindly, Y/n L/n," Aro finished.

"Well, she's a wonderful writer," he says. "I find this agreeable. Brothers?"

The Kings groan in agreement, waving their hands. "Yeah, sure."

"Very well! By the end of this month, we will have the Cullen Family and their newest addition in Volterra."

Jane, Alec, Felix, Demetri, and Heidi nod and exit the throne room.

"I wish Y/n the best of luck. I have a good feeling about her. It would be a shame to have to kill her, although I'm sure her blood would taste most sweet," Aro says with an evil grin.

\--/

Jasper and Y/n stand hand in hand in front of her house. "Ok. Breathe. You're going to do just fine."

"Breathing won't help me relax, darling."

Y/n rolls her eyes and kisses him gently. "Did that help?"

He nods eagerly, a small smile on the corner of his lips. He straightens his jacket as Y/n opens the door to reveal her decorated house. The scent of barbecuing steaks and potatoes drifts to her nose. F/n is seen on the back deck with the grill and the steaks.

"Mom! Dad! We're here!"

M/n pokes her head out from the kitchen. "Oh! Hi, sweetie!"

Y/n leads Jasper nervously into the kitchen. M/n wipes her hands on her apron. "Mom, this is Jasper. Jasper, this is my mother, Mrs. L/n."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," he says in his soft Southern tone, holding his hand out for her to shake.

She smiles at him warmly. "Hi, sweetie. I've heard a lot about you." She winks at Y/n and continues tossing the salad. "F/n is out on the back deck cooking steaks and potatoes. I'm making a fresh salad."

Y/n begins leading Jas to the back deck. "They sound like they just walked out of a Magnolia home. This is weird," she whispers, opening the door.

"Dad? Jasper is here."

F/n turns around, large tongs in hand. His eyes narrow at Jasper. "So you're the one that is dating my daughter?"

Jasper gulps. "Yes, sir."

F/n takes a few steps towards him, angling the tongs at him. He angrily snaps them at Jasper, then bursts out into laughter. "I'm so sorry! I'm such a mean person. It's great to meet you, son!"

Jasper breaks out smiling and shakes his head enthusiastically.

Y/n nearly falls over. "Dad! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

F/n is still laughing. "I'm sorry, pumpkin." He gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Food's ready. Let's eat!"