Chapter 16

"Are you awake?" A tiny voice whispered. JJ groaned as she rolled over to Emily's side of the bed and cracked one eye open. Rachel was laying half on, half off the bed with her head directly next to JJ's, smiling.

"No." JJ said, her voice still full of sleep. She rolled back over and yanked the blanket over her head. It was almost 6:20 in the morning and JJ did not want to be awake. God she wished Emily was back, she was an early riser too. Often, she would take Rachel in the morning and let JJ sleep.

"How can you be talking if you're asleep?" Rachel asked impatiently.

"People talk in their sleep. Its a thing." JJ muttered. Rachel frowned. She had been up for twenty minutes at least already and was bored. The little girl missed Emily. She had been gone on the case for the last four days. Rachel missed Emily coming in to wake her up, talking with her early before JJ was awake, she just missed seeing the brunette. Rachel waited a moment and just watched JJ, hoping she would get up. When she didn't Rachel took matters into her own hands. She climbed over and straddled the blonde, bending down and pulling the blanket back until she could see JJ's face. "I'm still asleep." JJ insisted as Rachel put her face very close to her own.

"Please stop being asleep." Rachel asked politely. JJ laughed and bucked her hips up, sending Rachel falling to the side. The little girl giggled with delight as JJ reached over and pulled her in close, peppering her face with kisses.

"Is this awake enough for you Monkey?" She asked with a grin.

"Eww, gross!" Rachel yelled. But she squirmed her way closer to JJ as she stopped. "Is Emily coming home today? Its the weekend, people aren't supposed to have to work."

"Unfortunately, not all jobs work that way, but when I hung up with Hotch last night it sounded like they had a break."

"Like a vacation?"

"No, like something made sense in the case and they might be able to figure out what happened." JJ explained. Her idea a few days earlier had finally paid off, and after interviewing a few more people over the last few days, they had narrowed it down to three men. From the sound of things last night, they may have eliminated one. JJ hoped that today would be the day they solved it.

"What are we gonna do today?" Rachel asked as JJ ran her fingers through her hair.

"Humm, what do you want to do?" JJ asked softly.

"I don't know, can we go somewhere?"

"Anywhere in particular you had in mind?"

"Can we go to a park? Or a library?" Rachel asked quietly, not looking JJ in the eye.

"We can do both."

"Really!" Rachel asked in awe. JJ sighed. The little girl was still shocked whenever Emily and JJ granted her still very few asked requests. She was slowly asking for small things, but she still would get nervous and uncomfortable.

"Yes." JJ said putting her mouth right by Rachel's ear. "Really." She whispered. Rachel giggled and pushed her away gently as it tickled. The two relaxed a moment more and then Rachel jumped up and stood over JJ.

"I'm hungry!" She yelled out happily. "Lets get pizza!" Rachel jumped up and down on the bed, narrowly missing JJ's legs.

"Pizza? For breakfast?" JJ asked as she sat up and pulled her legs out of the way.

"Yeah! Why not?" Rachel asked excitedly.

"Because I can make actual breakfast food?" JJ said, obviously.

"But we do that every morning." Rachel complained as she slammed herself down onto the bed in front of JJ. The blonde smirked and got out of the bed, she patted Rachel on the bottom and walked out of the bedroom without a word. "JJ!" Rachel called. "Jen! Jayje! Jennifer!" No answer. Rachel stood up on the bed and screamed. "JENNIFER ANNE PRENTISS!" JJ popped her head back into view and Rachel squealed. Before Rachel could react, JJ had ran over and wrapped her arms around Rachel, lifting her into the air and running with her. "No! I give up! I give up! We can have your food!" Rachel yelled through her giggles as JJ walked and tickled her at the same time.