Chapter 24

JJ looked across the table at her wife and unconsciously licked her lips. The candlelight in the dimly lit restaurant was flickering across her pale skin. As Emily sipped her wine, she caught JJ's eye and smirked. This had been a wonderful idea. The two women hadn't really been out on a date in a long time. Leaving Rachel for any length of time made them both feel extremely guilty, especially once it had been both of them. Now that Rachel was comfortable with them, trusted them and believed they would come back, the guilt was lessened and they figured a night out would be okay. Garcia had been busy with Kevin, and they always asked her to watch Rachel, so Morgan had been chosen as tonight's babysitter.

"Morgan!" Rachel yelled as she caught sight of the dark man.

"Hey Freckles!" Morgan greeted her with a bright smile as Rachel launched herself into his arms. JJ watched happily as the two of them interacted. It was hard to believe that only a couple of months ago, Rachel had been terrified of her friend; now she seemed to find him more interesting than Emily and JJ combined.

"Rach, we're leaving." JJ said trying to catch the little girl's attention.

"Bye!" She yelled as she pulled Morgan into the living room.

"Rach!" JJ yelled after her. "Aren't you going to say goodbye?"

"I did!"

JJ threw her arms up in the air as Emily walked over to her, grinning. "We are no longer her favorite." The brunette said with a laugh as she helped JJ into her coat. Normally, JJ's eyes would be raking the very tight, very sexy, red dress Emily was wearing, but right now, she just wanted a hug from Rachel.

"Unbelievable." JJ muttered as Emily ushered her to the door.

Emily just laughed. "Rachel, come over here and hug us goodbye." She yelled. The brunette watched as Morgan gently shoved Rachel forward. The little girl ran to them with a smile, quickly hugged Emily then JJ and tried to run back to Morgan in all of four seconds.

"Wait!" JJ yelled, grabbing her hands. "Be good, do what Morgan says and when he says bedtime, it is bedtime." JJ cupped her face and smiled as Rachel grinned mischievously. "We love you."

"Have fun!" Rachel said, kissing JJ on the cheek and running back to tackle Morgan.

"Have a good time guys." Morgan said as he lifted Rachel over his head. She squealed and waved at them upside down.

"Bye." JJ said happily. She slipped her hand into Emily's and let her wife pull her outside.

JJ smiled as Emily's foot grazed her leg under the table. She kicked her back lightly with a smirk as the waiter brought their food.

"Thank you." Emily said, giving a smile to the man. Everything looked amazing. JJ had gotten used to the fact that Emily had a lot of money a long time ago. She had insisted that they share their money and not splurge very often early on in their relationship. Emily was persistent however and every once in a while, JJ let her take her out and spend a ton of money. The blonde hadn't even looked at the prices on the menu, knowing it would make her cringe. This place was high class and wonderful. "I feel like we haven't done this in forever." Emily said as the two women began to dig in.

"Uhhh...me too." JJ said with a small moan. Her pasta was amazing. She smirked at her wife's reaction to her audible enjoyment. "So..." JJ said a moment later. "Hotch was thinking we could take the kids to an amusement park maybe next weekend if we don't have a case. Its supposed to warm up."

"Yeah, I think that sounds like a great idea." Emily agreed. She and JJ spent the rest of their date talking about anything but work if they could help it. They had made that rule back around their fourth date years ago. They slipped at times over the years, but did their best to leave work at work, or at least away from their dates. "So, the visit went really well I thought." Emily said after a few moments. She saw JJ visibly tense.