Chapter 5

A/N: Again, the song doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, I just think it's fantastic and recommend it! I think it fits a café vibe perfectly.

Speaking of cafés, in case you can't tell from the blue and yellow floor, some of this chapter takes place at the infamous Beachwood Café! It looks so pretty, I wanna go someday.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Um." I take a deep breath. "My parents were amazing people. They were my best friends. I didn't have any siblings and kids at school never treated me too well, so I was really close to them. They were everything to me." I feel the water in my eyes and curse under my breath.

"You don't have to-"

"But last year." I sniff. "Last year, they wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate some promotion my dad got at work. I asked them to let me drive 'cuz I had just gotten my car and I was obsessed with driving her everywhere. But they told me no. They said they would drive, and I dropped it. But I should've pushed it. I should've- I should've made them let me drive."

I start breathing more heavily and I feel Harry place his hand on mine, loosening my grip on the steering wheel and placing our joined hands on his leg.

I try to even out my breathing and continue, "Dinner was nice. We laughed and we talked about how our day went. My dad even talked about taking us on a trip since he was getting a raise." I laugh pathetically and wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my cardigan.

"And then, we were driving back h-home, and a truck hit us. The driver had fallen asleep," I chuckle dryly. "He swerved to our side of the road and hit us head-on. My paren-." I choke on a sob. "I was the only one who survived. Made it out with a few scars." I finish with a deep sigh and look over to our joined hands, giving Harry's a grateful squeeze, before looking into his eyes.

His eyes were droopy. They weren't as bright as usual. I don't like that.

"That's why I don't let anyone drive me. I have to drive or else what happened that night will happen again. I can't let that happen again, Harry. I can't."

He squeezes my hand again and moves himself as close to me as possible, the console in the middle digging into his stomach. "I can't even comprehend what you went through. And I won't pretend to. I'm not going to tell you I'm sorry, because that's the last thing I would want to hear if this was me." I nod in agreement with him. "But I don't think you should let something that you couldn't control, control you. From what you've said, I can tell your parents were great people."

I nod, feeling his hand that isn't holding mine skimming up to my face and cupping my cheek. "I don't think they would've wanted you to hold yourself back from doing things because of something you couldn't control." He pauses. "Are they the reason you don't sing, either?"

I sigh and look down, "They were the only people I ever sang for. I just don't feel the want to sing anymore. Not since then."

His thumb caresses my cheek, "Well from the little mumbles I've heard from you, you have a beautiful voice. And I'm sure your parents wouldn't want you to hide it."

I glance back up to look in his sincere eyes, "Thank you," I breathe.

"I mean every word. And you should know that I never lie either. Ever." He nods once at me, slowly removing his hand from my face and facing forward again. "I want to take you somewhere. Can I?" He looks back at me.

I nod, "Yes." I go to pull out of the spot before I stop myself, letting out a deep breath. "Would you drive?"

His eyes widen and I continue, "I mean, if you want. 'Cuz you're right. I shouldn't let the past control me. They wouldn't want that and I- Well, like I said, I trust you. So, would you?"