Chapter 22

A/N: In this book, Harry has never met Stevie, cool? Cool!

Also, guys, this song...it fits so well with the entire book, I'm going insane. It's literally the perfect song??? Listen to it and read the lyrics plssss and it fits for Harry's emotions in this chapter, too. My lord, I'm obsessed with it. I'll let you know when to play it, ofc <3

Hope you like this one, I think it's cute lol enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now the day before Harry's birthday, and I was going insane. I had every single thing planned to a T and I had to make sure nothing went wrong. Any slight changes before tomorrow was going to ruin everything.

The night before my birthday and the night of my birthday were so important to me and he worked so hard to make sure I knew how much I meant to him. I had to do the same.

He didn't want to travel for his birthday and any time I asked what he wanted to do, he gave the same answer. And if I had to hear the words 'Baby, I'm fine staying home with you' one more time, I was going to punch a hole through a wall.

So, I ignored him and got to work on my own plans for his special day. It was planned from beginning to end.

Right now, we were cuddled on his couch watching 13 Going On 30, but I was so jittery and excited that I was barely paying attention. It was almost midnight and I couldn't wait to see his reaction. What I had planned for right now wasn't much compared to what I had planned for the night. I really hope he likes it.

It was 11:59 and my smile was growing. He noticed. "What are you smiling at?" The clock turned midnight and I shot up from the couch.

"Happy birthday, baby!" I opened my arms out as perfectly timed personalized balloons and confetti popped out.

He laughed out loud and picked up pieces of the golden confetti to read them. "Harry's Golden Birthday." He reads out loud.

I giggle. "Right, here's the thing. Golden birthday usually means when you're really old, but I just thought it fit because-"

He interrupts me by pulling me onto his lap and giving me a kiss. "Because I'm your golden boy."

"Right." We're both smiling. "But that's not all!" I hop off his lap and hand him a box and card I had been hiding.

"I thought I told you I didn't want anything but to be here with you."

"Yeah, and it was super annoying. You should've known I wasn't going to listen. Open the card first!" I tell him.

He raises his eyebrows and opens the card, pulling out a letter. He smiles. I know he's grown to love handwritten things, too. "Can I read it out loud?" He asks. I nod in encouragement.

"Golden boy," He begins with a smile. "Happiest of birthdays to you! I'm grateful to be able to spend it with you this year and I can't wait to do the same for many, many more. You have shown me what it's like..." He trails off and his breath catches, eyes beginning to water as he continues.

I shouldn't be happy that he's crying. But I really liked what I had written. It came from the truest part of my heart.

Golden boy,

Happiest of birthdays to you! I'm grateful to be able to spend it with you this year and I can't wait to do the same for many, many more. You have shown me what it's like to be able to shine brightly, even if I'm next to the brightest star in the universe.