Chapter 21

A/N: Hiiii! Virtual hugs n kisses to all of you!

If it seems like it goes by quick, its intentional. I hate stuff that isn't happy lolz

Also, here's a question everyone hates but must be asked. What's your least favorite song of Harry's?

Mine is Cherry sorry, not sorry. Meet Me In The Hallway is a very close second. Maybe they're tied.

Not that I hate them, but they're just my least favorites lol don't come for meeee

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

golden boy

I let it ring for a while, just staring at it.

Finally, I answer it, shakily bringing the phone to my face, "Hello?"

"Hi," He breathes out and my chest contracts.

"Hi back." I had to.

He breathes out again, "Delilah, I know you have no reason to listen to me and no reason to do anything for me. But, I- I miss you." Pause. "So much, baby. Seeing you has made it so hard to keep my distance. I want to talk to you. I need to talk to you." Pause. "Please just meet with me so I can explain things. So I can explain everything. Please, honeybee."

The nickname makes my heart crack a little. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it until he'd said it. I shake my head even though he can't see me, "There's nothing to explain, Harry." I try to keep my voice steady.

"There is. There's a lot. Please, Delilah. Please just meet with me," He begs.

I think about it. I wasn't in the wrong in any way. This would just be two exes having a cordial talk. I can be mature enough to do that.

"Fine." I tell him.

He lets out a deep breath, "Thank you. Do you want to meet me at my house?"

"Um, no. No, I don't think that would be such a good idea, Harry."

"Oh, right. Sorry." He pauses. "Beachwood Café, then? 12:30?"

My heart cracked a second time. The last time I'd been there was with him. At the beginning. "Sure." But my voice cracks.

"Okay, great. Great, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow." He promises.

"Tomorrow."

I was running fashionably late. I didn't want to be early and seem eager and I didn't want to be on time and seem like I cared too much. Or maybe I spent too much time making sure I looked perfect.

I was pathetic.

As I was driving, my eyes felt heavy. I hadn't slept last night. I hadn't slept the past few months, to be honest. The nightmares had come back the first night I was alone, and I was angry.

I was angry that I was losing sleep over the person who woke me up.

I was 15 minutes late and had just parked, photographers already flashing their cameras inside my car.

I ducked my head and hurried inside, looking around until my eyes landed on Harry. And he was sitting at the same table we had sat at when we first came here.

I walked up slowly, timidly, "Hi."

He smiled, seemingly just as nervous, "Hi back."

I sit down across from him and it's awkwardly silent. He's playing with his rings when I speak, "So," I start. "What did you want to talk about?"