Chapter 8

A/N: I'm still wondering why y'all sleep on Walls cuz this is fire as hell. It's literally so good, I haven't stopped crying over it since he released it. Especially this song, it's def my top 3.

What are your top 3 from Walls? Mine are: Too Young (I genuinely cannot listen to that one without crying), Always You, and Defenceless.

Anyway, this song doesn't have to do with the chapter, I just, again, wrote this while it was playing!

And I want to say that I absolutely love this chapter.

Also, if you guys think their relationship is developing kind of fast; spending so much time together, teasing each other, holding hands, whatever...I'm doing that intentionally. I want it to come across clearly how beautiful and instant their connection is because they're similar in a lot of different ways!

Okay, let's do this. Stream Walls and enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, when's your birthday?" We're still driving. Harry had gone to a drive-thru to get us smoothies and has been asking me random questions the entire time.

"April 27th, 1999. Yours?" I ask.

"Oh, wow, next month." I nod in response as I take a sip of my drink. "We'll have to do something special to celebrate it." He says with a smile before answering me, "February 1st, 1994."

"Oh, that's just passed! Happy belated birthday, old man." I tease. He gasps, "Old? How dare you!" We laugh and I continue, "You're an Aquarius, then?" And he nods. "That makes complete sense."

"How so?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Some people consider the animal for an Aquarius to be a peacock. And peacocks are known for their beautiful souls and their ability to inspire others." I tell him.

He smiles brightly at that and continues with his questions. I manage to sneak in some of my own. Nothing too personal but I find out that his favorite color is blue, and his favorite animal is a turtle. I find out his sister and mother's name and he tells me how much he misses them.

It's progress. Slowly, but surely.

Harry parks outside my apartment and I don't want him to leave yet, so I somehow form the confidence to ask, "Do you...want to come in?" I shake my head, "I mean, Seb might be home and all, but if you want, we could watch a movie or- Forget it, you're probably tired-"

"Delilah." He cuts my rambling short. "I'd love to come inside." He smiles at me.

I release the breath I didn't know I was holding and smile back. He parks and we climb out of the car, his hand on my lower back as we walk to my front door, smoothies in hand.

I fumble with my keys as I unlock the door and I widen it so he can walk in first. "Ta-da!" I say and open my arms towards the place. "This is the living room."

"