Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry in advance lol virtual hugs and kisses, enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June flew by quickly. I had agreed to sign with Jeff, and I had to fill out a bunch of contracts that I read over very, very carefully. I started working as soon as I could and submitted a bunch of songs to Jeff. Some were sent to other artists and others I kept for myself. July flew by just as quickly and I had spent it doing the same thing.

I had practically moved in with Harry. He was by my side at every recording he could be at and I did the same for him with his meetings for tour.

It was August now, my favorite month, and I'd been in and out of the studio since the beginning. I'd written so many songs and was even invited on different shows to do covers of other artists' songs.

It was all going amazing. Everything I wanted.

Harry was supposed to go on tour in a few weeks. I'd stopped being Jeff's assistant the moment he told me he wanted to sign me and that meant I could no longer go on tour with Harry, but I wasn't really worried. Our relationship had only strengthened, and we'd been together over half a year now. I'd never been happier.

I was at home now, my first day off in a while, and Harry asked if he could come over. I was waiting for him in my room, writing in my journal as I thought of more song ideas.

I heard the front door open, I'd given him a key a long time ago, and shot up excitedly. I hadn't seen him in days, and I missed him.

I smiled and stood up as he came in and wrapped my arms around him as soon as I could. He hesitated to wrap his arms around me, and I pulled back immediately. "What's wrong, sunshine?"

He visibly cringed, "Nothing. Let's just sit down, yeah?"

"Okay," I dragged out. "Hello to you, too. Haven't seen you in days. What's going on?" I ask as I sit on my bed.

He doesn't sit like he said, he's just standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets.

"Harry?"

He exhales deeply. "Okay, um. I think-" I watch his fists clench in his pockets. "You've been doing awesome, yeah? Your songs are doing amazing and everybody loves you." He starts pacing around my room slowly and I only grow more confused.

"Yeah, I guess?"

"Jeff just told me that they want you to tour." He blurts out.

My eyes bug and I stand up. "Really?! That's so exciting, are you serious?"

"Next year." He nods. "They want to get started on planning it with you as soon as possible."

"That's amazing!" This is good news. Why is he acting like it's not? "What wrong, then?" I ask him.

"I just...I don't want to hold you back. You've always wanted to travel the world and now you'll have the chance to do that. Without me. I want you to do that and I think maybe the distance isn't going to be good-"

"Wait." He pauses and I'm hesitant to say the words. "So that's what this is, then? You're breaking up with me?" I ask incredulously, afraid.

He doesn't argue it and my heart sinks.

"Well, don't think of it as breaking up. Just a break, yeah?" That's what he decides to say.

Don't fucking cry, Delilah.                  

"We're not on an episode of fucking Friends, Harry. Do you want to break up with me, yes or no? And for what? Because of a little distance?" I'm seething. "If you don't think, after everything we've talked about, that our relationship is strong enough for that, then that's your problem, not mine. But don't blame your decision on something that you encouraged me to go for in the first place."